Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 11, 2013

Mixing Unity and Studio 490!


Sherry here today and I’ve got a fun card to share with you.

When I first saw the Unity Donna Downey Poppy Background, my first instinct was to use it on a canvas or art journal.  When I pulled my art journal down to work with the image, another thought crossed my mind.  Why didn’t I show the image used in a totally different way than I’ve seen . . . water colored . . . on a card!

PoppyCard

The Poppy Background was stamped on watercolor paper and then water colored with Distress Ink Refills (listed below under the supplies).  Once I had the image done and was standing back looking it over, I couldn’t help but feel something was missing. 

Here’s where I took the leap hoping I didn’t mess up the image I just painstakingly water colored . . . I started stamping some background images over the flowers. 

PoppyCardCloseUPFlowers

Looking closely at the above photo you can see some white stamping (background from Studio 490 Art by the Number),  Dusty Concord dots (dot background from Studio 490 Fashion Style and Art), and Sepia Script (script background from Studio 490 Live and Make Art).   (NOTE:  I checked the website, and these stamps are not in stock at eclectic Paperie; however, I’m sure that if you do not already have them in your collection and need them, Kim will be more than happy to order them for you.  Just send her an email!)

After all the stamping, flicks of a gold leafing pen were applied with a color spritzing tool. 

PoppyCardTag

Here’s a better look at the gold flecks and the sentiment (from Studio 490 Evidence of Art). 

PoppyCardAngle

So there’s my take on an image typically used for mixed media for all you card makers! 

Thanks for joining me today!

eP Signature - Sherry Cheever


Project Supplies:


14 comments:

Redanne said...

It was certainly worth taking that leap of faith, your card is gorgeous.

Kim said...

Beautiful, Sherry! I love the use of this stamp on a card...just perfect!

SusanK said...

Gorgeous! Love the effect you got when mixing the stamps and color mediums!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wow, Sherry...this rocks. I love the gold spatters, and adding the background stamps on top of the images added so much depth and visual interest. Absolutely gorgeous!

Janet L. said...

Simply gorgeous. I'm curious about the ink spritzing tool. Can you tell us more?

Bonnie Irvine said...

Sherry, this card is gorgeous. Love the poppies watercoloured. The background and overstamping looks amazing and really integrate the entire card. Great touch with the tag sentiment and the ribbob/pin detail. Lovely!

Tracy said...

Wow sherry....loving the splatters,the poppies are gorrrrgeous and the overstamping....well worth the risk!!
All finished with a beautiful sentiment and ribbon.
Hugs
Tracy
Xxx

toni said...

I must say i love that kind of 'make or break' moment when you're not quite sure what's going to happen! In this case I'd say that it's a resounding success, lovely water colour painting and love the little gold flecks gorgeous spring card x

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous, Sherry - just shows how flexible this stamp can be, and the watercolouring is beautiful!
Alison x

Chriss Blagrave said...

Gorgeous! truly. An artful creation!

Broni said...

Absolutely fabulous, Sherry!!

Annette Green said...

Gorgeous card and that touch of stamping and flecking was perfect! Your leap paid off. This is fab!

Erin Smetak said...

Your card is SO pretty! Love the flowers and the soft colors! And your sentiment is PERFECT!

Unknown said...

Sherry this is just stunning ! Great colors, great everything! :)