Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 22, 2013

Enjoy the Journey - in corrugated cardstock

Hello there!  It's Broni here and today I'm sharing my creation for the eTeam picks challenge, which is hosted by our own mega-talented Bonnie!  She asked us to use corrugated cardboard or cardstock and here's what I came up with:


I'm a card maker at heart, so I decided to make one for one of the guys in my life.  It's hard making a masculine card sometimes, but I thought the corrugated cardstock might work out well.

I started by cutting out 2 of the Stacked Artful Words alterations, one in kraft and one in brown.  My thought was to use the brown one a little offset behind the kraft one as a shadow.  I ran the kraft one through my crimper, and voila!  There's my corrugated cardstock!



Next I pulled out some items that I thought I'd like to use: my Mini Blueprints 4 stamp set, my TCW Mini Chevron Arrows template and some patterned paper.

  

I sponged the edges of my patterned paper and also around the edges of my corrugated kraft die cut, using a sponge dauber and Brushed Corduroy as well as some Spiced Marigold Distress ink.  I stamped the pointing finger image in Brushed Corduroy, and then sponged on some of that and the Spiced Marigold using the template.  By chance I laid the corrugated die cut onto a strip of brown cardstock and really like how it looked, so I changed course, ditched the "shadow" idea, and cut a strip of the brown cardstock for my card.



Next I started putting everything together.  I crimped the bottom edge of the brown strip and attached it using foam mounting tape.  I used Scor-Tape to attached the die cut. I tied some twine around the card front and threaded a piece through an orange button as well, then attached the button with Scor-Tape also.  I like the look of the orange button to brighten up the card a little.  Just because it's masculine doesn't mean it has to be dull!



And here's the finished card one more time:


Thanks so much for stopping in to check out what I prepared for you today!  I hope you enjoyed the process and that you'll play along in the challenge as well!  Here's the link to the CHALLENGE POST.  You have to see Bonnie's fantastic project!




~

11 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - this is so beautiful Broni! I love your crimped lettering, and that green and marigold background is simply gorgeous - LOVE it!!
Alison x

Annette Green said...

It's always great to see more masculine cards and this one is fabulous. I'm glad I hung on to my Fiskars crimper. I almost forgot about that old tihng. Great inspiration.

Kim said...

Perfect, Broni! A wonderful card and great use of the challenge material. (I was toying with corrugated letters last night too!!) Love your card!

Erin Smetak said...

What a beautiful card, Broni! Love the background and the crimped lettering!!!

toni said...

Lovely card and a great idea with the crimping, also love the way you've used the mini blue print stamp x

Gery said...

You realy made a great masculin card.
Great colours you used for it.
Project succeeded!!
Groetjes Gery

Rea' said...

What an awesome card ( always need ideas for male cards) !

Rita said...

Absolutely Beautiful. I have entered the challenge for the first time Broni, not sure if I got it right. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxx

Emily Keaton said...

Totally cool creation! I love how you constructed everything :)

Donna-Marie said...

Thank you for inspiring me to grab a set of Tim's new stamps. I kept looking at them but was getting nothing...
So nicely done thanks for the inspiration :-)

Tracy said...

What a gorgeous card Broni!!!
Big hugs
xoxo