Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Canvas with Flowers

Good Afternoon Folks Donna-Marie here.
I apologize for the late post but I was having trouble with my Internet our router decided to not work anymore UGH!!!
Anyway, here is a canvas I made for my newly remodeled kitchen


 
I included lots of fun 3D embellishments on this one :-)
 
 
 
I made the flowers from Wendy Vecchi's Clearly for Art Modeling Film and my Tim Holtz Flower Dies.  I believe Tim Holtz has a contest going on right now involving using his flower dies...I may submit this one :-) 
The plastic was easy to cut with the dies and I got to use my alcohol inks to color the clear plastic.  Creating the organic shape of the flowers was also super easy because the plastic can be heated with your heat gun and molded to get the shape desired.  Once it cools it is set and solid. I really enjoyed the whole process of making these flowers, they remind me of stained glass.
 
 
The black leaves were made form toilet paper rolls cut and painted with Black Gesso.
The background of the canvas was made from white tissue paper.  I stamped the largest damask image from the Wplus9 Damask Delight Set in a pattern (first row placing the image going up and second row going down) and continued until the paper was covered.  I used Black Archival Ink (this is important so that the images don't smear when you add your color wash and Matte Medium on top) although you may want that look :-)
I adhered the tissue paper to the canvas with matte medium and a paint brush, I got some wrinkles but that added to the texture.  I then used my Dylusion Sprays: Lemon Zest and Postbox Red to add the color.
In the bottom right hand corner I used my white gesso and brick wall stencil creating a neutral spot for my flowers and sentiment.  The mini canvas was made using the same spray colors and the Donna Downey Stamps set Empowered Words.  The large and small canvases got inked with Black Soot over all the edges.
I hung it to the wall using the cutest hanger with clips from Melissa Francis.  Ask Kim and I am sure she will add them to the store :-)  Maya Road Bingo Buttons and Blink Buttons in the flower centers add some more fun to the piece.
I hope you enjoyed today's blog post.  Be sure to check out eP's store for all the supplies to make a canvas of your own.
PS I may have a video coming up soon showing how I made these flowers :-)
Have a great day!!!

14 comments:

Patrice said...

Who Anneke...wat een gave uitvoering meid. I love it!!!!

Groetjes Patrice

Karen Fullam said...

This is Beautiful!

Bonnie Irvine said...

Great canvas! I love the damask stamping on the tissue paper. Lovely rich colours with it and those flowers are awesome. I haven't used the Clearly For Art yet but this certainly tempts me. The sentiment fits the project so well...and TP roll leaves, very creative.

Dianne said...

OMGOODNESS, Donna this is STUNNING,do enter it in Tim contest its gorgeous, brilliant idea with the leaves they are perfect, love the colors, how you used the tissue paper,I think its a winner, thanks for sharing all this inspiration... Have a great day...

Annette Green said...

What a beautiful canvas! You absolutely SHOULD enter it into Tim's challenge.

♥Gemma♥ said...

Truly stunning...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Tracy said...

Beautiful Donna-Marie....I haven't tried clearly for art film yet either and love how the flowers turnd out!! That hanger is adoreable and truly sets it off.
Hugs
Xxx

wendy vecchi said...

VERY...NICE!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, what a fabulous canvas Donna-Marie - those flowers are fantastically funky!
Alison x

Marjie Kemper said...

Soooooooo beautiful!

Krisha said...

Absolutly BEAUTIFUL. I going to borrow your flower idea. I have use plastic and heat to make them before, but not with TH die. Great IDEA! Thanks fo sharing

Erin Smetak said...

Oh my gosh! This is GORGEOUS!!!!!

eri*doodle said...

Beautiful and perfect up against the red wall. Flowers came out gorgeous.

Take a peek at my Tattered Floral entries:
Rose Box - http://eridoodle.blogspot.com/2013/03/tattered-florals-vintage-rose-box.html
and
Lunch Bag rose - http://eridoodle.blogspot.com/2013/02/tim-holtz-tattered-florals-die-challenge.html

Best of luck in the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals challenge.
-Pam

Unknown said...

Amazing Donna-Marie - just stunning in every detail!! :)