Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Gelli Printing

Good morning!  I've been so excited about the new Mix-Ability Challenges at SCS - have you seen them?  It's a great chance to get out and play with all the wonderful goodies here at eclectic Paperie!  Last Friday's challenge was to the masking technique.  I had to give it a try and I even had an idea!  Have you tried gelli printing yet?  Such a fun technique- and perfect for masking!  I haven't done a whole lot of experimenting yet but it definitely lot of fun! Check out the neat video on the Gelli Plate page in eP store - it's amazing!

So, for my card I pulled out my paints and supplies and made a cool gelli print using masks and stamps for the background paper of my card. Isn't it pretty?  I love the subtle look and the pretty softness of it! eP has tons of different masks and stencils and all kinds of paints to use for this fun technique!


The sentiment is from a Wplus 9 set, it was perfect with the scripty font!


The floral stamp is the one that was included in the Gelatos package, and the Twine is perfect color!

So why not try some masking today?  Or maybe gelli printing!! eP has everything you'll need!  Have a great day!

Photobucket





9 comments:

SanDee1899 said...

This is fantastic - adorable
Well done - just love it!!
XOXO
SanDee

Kim said...

Love the Gelli Plate!! And love that you created an amazing card with your print. Beautiful!

Donna-Marie said...

So stinkin COOL!!!
I gotta try this :-)
I like how you used it on a card because I have been unsure on where I would use the papers I make...Thanks
*hug* D-M

Tracy said...

Looove it Julie..haven't tried Gelli plates yet as like Donna-Marie I wasn't sure if I would use the papers afterwards.
Sooooo thank you for the inspiration and I might start hinting to the nan in my life,lol.
Hugs
Tracy
Xxx

Tracy said...

Lol that should have read man not nan!!
Thats what I get for using my mobile.
:-)

Bonnie Irvine said...

Beautiful card, Julie. I haven't tried the gelli plate either but I can hear one calling me. The background is so painterly and pretty. It looks like fun and creates a cool effect. Love the stacked buttons and twine on this card.

Erin Smetak said...

WOW! Beautiful card, Julie! Love the Gelli Plate!!!

Annette Green said...

What a beautiful card! And so glad I watched that great video. Another addiction coming my way, I'm afraid. This looks too fun!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Really gorgeous, Julie - so looking forward to playing with my Gelli plate, and this is fabulous inspiration!
Alison x