Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Indecision

Good morning, it's Mary-Ann!  I would like to share a colorful layout with you.  

Indecision is a common occurrence in our house.  My son has acquired this attribute from his father.  It takes them both FOREVER to make a decision.  I can not remember how long we stood in this aisle at Wal-Mart.  I may have blocked it from my memory.  I, on the other hand, do things on impulse.  The quicker the better.  
I just love how this photo captures my son intently researching this Nerf gun.  The colors in the Echo Park papers worked perfectly to bring my rather dark, semi-blurry photo to life.  




I decided that papers from both "Scoot" and "All About A Boy" from Echo Park would help liven up my photo and they both work together really well.  Then I decided to try using Prima's Donna Downey 12x12 Art Stencil.  
CONFESSION:  This is my first attempt as using any type of Art Stencil or Mask.  I dug out my old colored ink pads (Tim Holtz distress stains would work perfectly!) and gave it a whirl!  I actually loved how it came out!



Once my attempt at masking was complete, I layered papers, stickers and chipboard.  At the end, I added some machine stitching, a Flair button and Studio Calico Wood Veneers for detail. 

Thank you for looking.

PS:  I must confess that I did not work on this project alone:o)






9 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, Mary Ann, I love this! How funny about the indecision...I'm surrounded by three boys who are the same...oh, the toture for one who makes instant decisions! LOL! And I love the use of the stencil...perfect!

Words and Pictures said...

Great layout - love the bright, primary colours... and I'd be pretty indecisive with that much choice in front of me too, I think!
Alison x

Bonnie Irvine said...

I love how you have used this stencil...fabulous results. Before reading, I thought the paper came like that. It adds so much to the background. Adorable photo of your son looking so serious, considering options. The papers and words surrounding him frame him beautifully (handsomely) and create such a playful layout. Great way to capture this moment.

Redanne said...

What a lovely page, that stencilling looks wonderful. Love your helper too. Anne x

Tracy said...

Hahahaha Mary Anne . . . you both did an Amazing job on the layout!!
I think it`s a man thing, 3 men in my house and all slooooow at making decisions!!
Hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Rea' said...

Oh I love this layout, love what you did ... hum ... great inspiration !

MORMOR said...

I truly love this! Your stenciling is what really caught my eye.

Broni said...

I love this, Mary Ann! And I love your helper!!

Annette Green said...

This is one awesome layout! I love the indecision theme. I'm usually more impulsive like you, but occasionally I too stand there staring, trying to decide on something for a long time. The stencil background is perfect! Can't believe it's your first try at it. Amazing!