Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 15, 2013

Come Sail away with me . . .

 Woohooo it`s Friday!
It`s Tracy here today and I am soooo excited to be sharing my first ever sail boat with you all, inspired by the
Not to mention the very talented  
Ann Wood who`s Paper Mache boats are amazing!
Sooo how did I get started?
I popped along to Ann`s blog, read the tutorial, downloaded the template, cut it out from an old cereal box and fixed it together with tape before getting messy with a mixture of pva glue, water and old book pages to make my paper mache boat base.
I left it to dry out overnight in a warm room before getting all inky with 
Tim Holtz Distress Stains in Broken China & Fired Brick.
Distress Stains are brilliant if you still want your background to show through like I did.
I wanted a little fancy on my boat and added trim with my hot glue gun.
At this point I needed a mast, I used a bamboo skewer and fixed it in place with my ever ready hot glue gun.
Next it was time to turn my attention to making a sail, I made my base from card.
 Adding Down By The Shore papers by Fancy Pants to the front and back with a glue stick.
 I have to tell you I am in loooove with this collection!!!
A little close up so you can see my " mad " faux stitches using a black fine liner pen and then some real stitching to attach the sail to the yard - I used a bamboo stick for the yard,stitching it in place with string and an embroidery needle.
  Another looove of mine at the moment is the sentiment stamps from
Sooo . . . I just had to have them on my little boat all stamped and chopped up.
What makes me happy?
Creating art makes me happy,so another sentiment was stamped on the other side of the sail.
Time to fix the yard to the mast, I used string at the top to hold them both securely together.
Next up, to stop the sail from moving I stitched buttons on to the boat,I used an embroidery needle to add a few inches of string to the bottom of the sails and then wrapped the string around the buttons.
Ooops I almost forgot that to let the boat hang you have to add a little string to the top of the mast securely to finish.
I hope you like my little boat and that it might inspire you to have a go!
It`s been a pleasure sharing with you all.
Till next time
Hugs
xoxox
You can find supplies over at the eclectic Paperie shop just click below :

 Tim Holtz Distress Stains - Broken China, Fired Brick, Vintage Photo


 

11 comments:

toni said...

What a fantastic project! Love this little boat , a great way to use those gorgeous papers, i can see little boats springing up all over the place, great work Tracey

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Oh I want that boat then Icould sail away - blue skies green waters and fresh coconut. Slap! I love it! Love what you have done. Super creative and Super Fun!

Kim said...

So much fun, Tracy! I'm so in love with the paper on this project and with your super creative project. Wonderful!!

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

Wowwwwwwwww I adore this beautiful awesome boat, such a lot of work you putinto your projects But oh so worth it luv papers luv colours so fresh wish it was just bit bigger then I could maybe borrow it to sail into sun lol luv xxx

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

Wowwwwwwwww I adore this beautiful awesome boat, such a lot of work you putinto your projects But oh so worth it luv papers luv colours so fresh wish it was just bit bigger then I could maybe borrow it to sail into sun lol luv xxx

Teresa Jaye said...

oh my goodness Tracy this is completely amazing and adorable. The colors are just perfect - that paper pack is fabulous with Tim's inks. The trim and stamps add the perfect touch. Really, really fabulous project!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, Tracy - this is so cool! Just love your patchwork sail, texty boat, and wonderful sentiments - an absolutely wonderful make!

Broni said...

Oh my goodness, Tracy! This is super awesome!

Micki said...

wow, this is unbelievably awesome. I absolutely love it.

Anonymous said...

You are so great at altering things! You have such a creative mind!

The sailboat is just AMAZING! i SOOO Love it, you did amazing, I would never have thought of that!

The colours also ROCK, and the quote too, such a fabulous decorative piece for the home! Inspirational you are my dear xoxoxo

Unknown said...

This is super super cute Tracy!!