Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Canvas

Hello,  Anneke here.
This is already my last post as a guest designer for the eclectic Paperie blog. 
For today I decorated a burlap canvas with fabric flowers. These canvases are available in the eP shop (click) in different sizes. Mine is 6"x6".

 I covered the burlap with a subtle layer of gesso first.

To decorate the canvas I used 2 kinds of linen fabric, a few paint chip samples and some packaging material that's a little different form corrugated cardboard.

I colored the fabric with Dylusions Ink Sprays.

Glued a strip of the 'cardboard' at the bottom of the canvas. 

Cut two circles out of the fabric for each flower.

For the flower centres I used some linen cord .

Cut the stems and leaves out of paint chip samples.

Supplies from the eP shop


Dylusions Ink Spray

Before saying goodbye I want to thank you all for your visits here and for the nice comments on my work. 
Thank you very much!!!
And a special 'thank you' to Kim for giving me the opportunity to be one of the guest designers. I really enjoyed it!

12 comments:

sandi said...

It was great seeing your awesome creations. Thank you for sharing.

Kim said...

This is just wonderful, Anneke! I've wanted to see a project with these burlap canvases and this is just perfect! Great project! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful art with us this week...it's been a delight!

Godelieve said...

Wow!!! This canvas could brighten up any wall!! Love the recycled material and colors in combination with the burlap canvas. Gorgeous flowers!!! Looks like Spring is coming :)

Micki said...

ohhhhh awesome idea, love how you used paint sample strips and how you used the cardboard. Wonderful canvas.

Dianne said...

I love this Anneke I have a box full of those paint chip, what a wonderful way to use them, I can now:):)Love the burlap and how you weaved the bottom just ans amazing piece of work thanks for sharing all of it, hope you have a fun loving weekend

Unknown said...

Just so gorgeous!! Love it!

Words and Pictures said...

What a gorgeous project! Can't wait for my burlap panels to arrive - this is so lovely!
Alison x

Bonnie Irvine said...

This is a wonderful canvas. I love the stacked flowers with those gorgeous centers. Great use of paint chip cards and the packaging material. Love the bright colours next to the gessoed canvas.

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

This is great! I love the colors and the clever use of products most of us have lying around!

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

Stunning project Anneke..looove your work!
Hugs
Tracy
Xxx

Annette Green said...

Great canvas and so clever of you to use those paint chips. I was painting over the weekend and looked at my swatch samples, thinking "hmmm, maybe I could make something with these..." and you did it! Awesome!