Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 4, 2013

Hexagon Celebration!

Hi eP friends!  This is Erin, and today I am sharing a set of 3" x 3" cards!  I was doing a large set of 3" x 3" cards for a gift basket, and I decided to continue the theme for my day here on the eP blog!






I apologize for the leaning cards above!  I had to hurry up and snap the picture!  The wind was blowing and the snow was swirling!  I can't wait til Spring!!!!

To create these cards, here was my process:

1.  I cut white cardstock into 2 3/4" x 5 3/4" and folded in half.
2.  I took Donna Downey's Hexagon Grunge (I have the 6" x 6") stencil and sponged Dusty Concord over the entire front.
3.  Then I took a Tim Holtz embossing folder, Bricked, and embossed each card.  To bring the brick out, I sponged Tea Dye Distress Ink.
4.  I sponged Onyx Black around the edges, and used that ink for the script stamp from W Plus 9 Designs Defining Words. 
5.  I then added Elegant Eggplant ribbon, die cut hexagon shapes and sprayed them w/ purple Smooch spray, colored and cut out the cone birthday hat from Tim Holtz's Mini Blueprints #4, stamped the Happy Birthday banner and cut out, and adhered all to each card.  That's it!

I hope you enjoyed today's post!
Have a wonderful day!
Erin

9 comments:

Kim said...

Darling cards, Erin! I love the purple and the glitter...fabulous!

Redanne said...

These are beautiful, love the way you embossed the brick over the background image - such an interesting technique and one I must try soon!

Bonnie Irvine said...

Great layering on these cards, Erin. I love the combination of the stencilling with the embossed bricks and then the stamping. Very cool. The ribbon makes a great accent along with the cut-out hexagons. Love the little stamped b-day hat...cute!

SanDee1899 said...

wonderful design just love it!!!
XOXO
SanDee

Tracy said...

Love the colors Erin with a touch of sparkle ...and the hexagons and bricks..wow!!!
Hugs
Tracy
xoxo

Annette Green said...

How fun are these Erin! Love those hexagons and the embossed brick. Cool!

Words and Pictures said...

They're so cute, Erin!
Alison x

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous cards, Erin. Love those hexies!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful set!! The color is just gorgeous! :)