Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Birds and Birdcages

Hi, Anneke here with another guest designer post.
 I was totally surprised when I discovered a gel printing plate in the package Kim sent me. Such a plate was on my wish list, lucky me :) 
So last week I started monoprinting for the first time. So much fun to do! In no time I had a bunch of backgrounds ready. Such a great technique and super easy to do! 
I used the 6x6" plate, it's available in the eP shop.
There is a step by step video tutorial over there as well.

Today I show you the cards I made with the prints.

Used a masking technique for the birds.
Bird Stamp: Donna Downey by Prima

 'Mini Circle Grid' & 'Mini Art Is'

Here I put some circles in the paint before printing.

Stamped the birds on the back of a gelli print and cut them out.

Here I used the same masking technique as for the first card.

For the following cards I used the Claudine Hellmuth Studio Stencil 

Made 'happy birthday' with a label maker. Used a transparent strip.
The tiny birds were made with the 'Resting Birds' die by Memory Box.

Printing layer over layer adds interest to the backgrounds

For this background I put a stamp in the paint before printing.
'Starburst Lace' by Hero Arts

Here I did some stamping on a gelli print. The stamp at the bottom is from the 'bordering on the edge' set by Dylusions
'Happy' is a Darkroom Door Stamp out of the 'Whimsical Words' set.

Hope you enjoyed it. 
See you next week for my final post!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, Anneke! These are amazing! So much crafty goodness!! Glad you're enjoying the Gelli Plate...they are so much fun!

Miek said...

Gelli plate printing!! I LOVE IT!!
Great cards Anneke

Tracy said...

Wow Anneke..how great your backgrounds are...beautiful cards!
Hugs
Tracy
Xxx

Redanne said...

An absolute feast for these tired old eyes! Gorgeous work.

toni said...

Fabulous work Anneke. Those geli plates are such good fun x

Godelieve said...

Fantastic results with the gelli plate Anneke!! Love them all!!

Annette Green said...

These are great. Every single one. You're making mr really want to get a gelli plate!