Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 9, 2013

The 12 Days of Christmas ~ Day One


Hey there! Bonnie Irvine here today. eclectic Paperie is celebrating the 12 Days of Christmas with DT Christmas projects each day as well as wonderful specials and surprises. If you aren't a subscriber to the eP newsletter yet, make sure you sign up ASAP so you don't miss a minute. I decided to create a Christmas wall hanging using one of my favourite Unity stamps by Susan K. Weckesser,  the Happy Homestead.


Today's deal is that you have the opportunity, for 24 hours (deals end at midnight EST) only, to grab all of your favorite Unity Stamps for 20% off!!  Use code 12DAYS1 when checking out!


For my substrate I used an embossed metal tile that I've had in my stash forever. I highlighted the raised areas with Treasure Gold spread with my finger. A torn piece of corrugated cardboard had the top layer peeled back before Studio 490 white Embossing paste was spread across the corrugation with a palette knife. Once that was dry, more white was added in the form of white gesso and also white Gelato. The now snowy strip was adhered to the metal with scor tape.


The house was stamped onto Jingle Bells sheet music designer paper from MME using Coffee Archival ink. The second story was stamped again onto green paper from the same pack and the windows onto another pattern. The windows and roof were fussy cut and adhered to the original music paper. Prismacolor pencil was used to shade the second story and windows before gold gel pen was added as an outline. The roof colour was changed from Coffee to deep red using a Big Brush pen.


Vintage Photo Distress Stickles was added to the corner dots on the house and a black half pearl became the door knob. The fence was stamped again onto a different text paper, fussy cut, shaded with Prisma pencil, and adhered to the original fence.


Greenery was cut with an evergreen bough punch and adhered to the fence and the other side of the house. Red gem berries were added for sparkle and to bring more red into the piece. An Idea-ology bingo number was darkened in places with the same red Big Brush pen before it was adhered to the corrugated cardboard. Idea-ology washi tape was adhered across the bottom of the tile.


The wording was computer generated onto kraft paper, inked with Vintage Photo Distress ink, and matted in black.


Small wooden stars were coloured with yellow Big Brush pen, sparkled up with Icicle Stickles, and adhered to the sky with Glossy Accents. The final detail on this 6.5 x 6.5" tile was to pounce a little white gesso on the roof as snow.

That's it for my contribution to the 12 Days of Christmas. I hope you enjoyed this one...wait 'til you see what's happening tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by.


Bonnie

You can find these products in the eP store:

9 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

WOW! So many FAB details, Bonnie! LOVE the embossed metal and your wonderful house and the tree! Super way to start off the 12 days of Christmas!!!

ionabunny said...

Fantastic. I have a bag of copper tiles I saved cos I thought they might be useful one day. Must go dig them out. Thanks for the inspiration

Micki said...

Wow, love the idea of using an embossed metal tile..... Love the house and that you stamped it onto designer papers..... LOVE it.

Broni said...

This is fabulous and quirky, Bonnie! I would never have thought to use a metal tile! Awesome!!

Tracy said...

Oh my giddy aunt F A B U L O U S, adore that metal tile (genius) and my favourite Susan K Weckesser stamp shining bright...looove the papers, bingo tile and all the little details!!!
Adoreable project Bonnie and thank yoooou for everything from the bottom of my heart.
Big mahoooooosive hugs
Tracy
Xxxx

toni said...

I love this little wall hanging. The metal is a gorgeous background for that fabulous stamped house x

Unknown said...

Bonnie, Your project is wonderful!! Love that tin piece from your stash!!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Great project - love the metal tile - so different!

Unknown said...

Bonnie, this is beautiful!! I adore all the details . . . and that house is wonderful!! Ack, I have two of those tins hanging on my wall . . . it will be hard not to alter them now ...