Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 30, 2013

Bless Your Heart!

Hello, everyone!  It's Broni here with you today.  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that you're ready for a bright and happy New Year!

I don't know about you, but I'm ready to move on from all the holiday hustle and bustle.  Lately I've been looking forward to celebrating LOVE and creating Valentine's Day projects.  I have one for you today!


I've got a brief run-down on the how-to for you:

I added a book page to my journal using Matte Multi-Medium, then painted it with some watered down Gesso.

 Next I added some Spun Sugar Distress Paint.

I took some scraps that I had left over from another project and added them to the page with the Multi-Medium, then added some print stamped in Memento Tuxedo black ink, and some hearts from the Catherine Scanlon Random Shapes stamp set stamped in Seedless Preserves ink.





I drew some lines around the page and added some shading to the hearts with a watercolor pencil and also added some Tiny Circles with Black Soot ink.



I cut a heart from some cardboard and painted it with Black Gesso then added some Charcoal twine tied through the tag hole.  I randomly added some silver dots using Glossy Accents.  My die cut arrow is also from the leftovers of another project.  (You'll get to see that one on Thursday!)




Sigh.  Now that we've moved on from Christmas, what's up for you in the new year?  More crafting, I hope!

Have fun!



8 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely stunning and I love the mixed media feel and the pink colouring which is perfect for valentines.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 130,000 Page View Give-Away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Great journal page, Broni! Love the monochromatic color scheme and all the great layering. I always forget that you can water down gesso to make a great whitewash effect. Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful page Broni ! I'm with you, definitely ready to move on from the festive season now ! Sue C x

Julie S said...

I've gotten so obsessed with ATCs that I haven't done any art journaling in AGES. Love your page! So much delish texture. Well done.

Sandy said...

Wonderful - I don't always comment but I am always watching!!!
Sandy

Sue Lelli said...

I am so ready for hearts, too, Broni! LOVE the pinks and LOVE the hearts! FAB journal page!

Micki said...

Love the colors and love how you incorporate left over bits and pieces from other projects and it looks so cohesive. Gorgeous spread, GF!! And yes, I'm hoping to get more ART time in 2014.

Tracy said...

Beautiful Broni..love that you used bits and bobs as well!!
Big hugs
Xxx