Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Mixed Media Canvas with Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste

Day 4 of the 12 days of Christmas and today we have Wendy Vecchi embossing paste for you 2 for $16.99!! That's right...only 24 hours so grab yours fast.
Use code 12DAYS4 when checking out.



Can I just say how much I adore this stuff?! It has so many uses and give any project that added touch of texture. 

Here is a canvas I made for my brother for Christmas using the white embossing paste. 

Some techniques in addition to the stenciling include stamping with various Prima and Donna Downey stamps, the tree is a Fab scraps piece, Most of the texture is drywall mesh tape, the zipper flowers are Melissa Frances, the paper underneath is Prima's Finnabair Vintage line and the tissue paper is Timmy's tissue paper. Soooooooo much is going on here...don't you love it?!

So this past weekend I had the privilege of chaperoning electronics weekend for my 2 oldest boys' scout troop. Because it's already so cold out we don't have much to do so a few of the other parents and I decided that we would turn it into a mini scrappy getaway. I decided to work on my canvas for Christmas but imagine my shock when I realized I had forgotten my stencils!


Luckily I found this little dollar store rose stencil tucked away in my tool caddy!!! Who's a savvy Andie now;)


Don't you love the way the ink soaks into the embossing paste?! Just lovely.


And here is a photo of some freehand paste that I added to the top of the canvas.

Now remember...I said we were camping sooooo...I wasn't able to take a video of this canvas. But...being Christmas I have a lot of other gifts to make so I shot a quick video of another canvas that I have started using the same techniques.






If you can't view the video try the smaller version here:





Run over to the eP store and purchase your own Wendy embossing paste today!!

Merry Christmas y'all!!!!
{{hugs}}

Andiepants

5 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your FAB canvas! LOVE the stencils and the tree and the colors and the videos! Great post!

Bonnie Irvine said...

Andie, your canvas is gorgeous.I love all of the texture and layering...great colour choices, too. Very rich and lovely depth. Your videos are always so fun to watch and listen to. Thanks for a great start to my day!

Micki said...

OMG, I LOVE that picture of you. (I've been running around kind of like that since ....well October, lol only I don't look nearly as good as you :0). Love the canvas. I love the color theme and that yummy texture. Your brother will love it.

toni said...

Great canvas and a lovely post ! Camping and crafting at the same time bravo Andie ! X

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous canvas Andie ! Love the video too ! Sue C x