Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

12 Days of Christmas "Day 8" Gelatos by Faber Castell


Hello friends, Giovana here! Welcome to Day 8 of our 12 Days of Christmas! Today, I want to show you a card I made using primarily gelatos by Faber Castell and other friendly products you can find over at eclectic Paperie store!

Let's get started!

Start with a piece of Distress Watercolor, stamp Joy image (by Catherine Scanlon) in Versamark Watermark ink, apply Seafoam White embossing powder over image and heat set.




Add Blood Orange Gelato over flowers and spread them with the tip of your finger (or sponge)




Mix Acqua Dolce & Banana Gelatos to create a green color, spread all over the leaves, color the center of the image with Banana Gelato. With the help of a baby wipe, remove excess.

Add Gold Gelatos to all the image edges.


Create a dot background, apply White embossing paste using Fancy Pants Dots Stencil.


This is a very fun part! I wanted a match ribbon for my project, but any of the ribbon I own matched this project, so I decided to create my own!! Super easy!

You need Seam binding ribbon, Blood Orange Gelato and Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls Mists


Color your ribbon with your Blood Orange Gelato, as much or as little you want, then spray your ribbon with Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls Mist!

Click on the picture so you can see all the beautiful shimmery ribbon!!

This is the final result, I put all the pieces together, created a triple bow and added pearls to the flowers! I really love how vibrant these colors are together!


Now, just in case you like Gelatos as much as I do! Get yours now using this  discount code 12DAYS8, you get 15% off on all the Gelatos and Faber Castell products!

Hope you like it!
Thanks so much for visiting!

8 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is so creative and beautiful. Thanks for sharing the wonderful informative how to.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Dorothy said...

So gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the coloring with the gelatos, they have such great color!! And COLORING ribbon with them - genius!!

Micki said...

Very nice! I love how you used your fingers to "color". Gorgeous, gorgeous card and gelatos are one of my favorite tools.

Redanne said...

What an excellent tutorial. I love the gorgeous colours you used and the stencilling gives lovely dimension to your beautiful card.

toni said...

Love the effect of the white embossing on watercolour paper, lovely use of the Gelatos must get my hands on some of these gorgeous work xx

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

I think I am gonna give this a try! I love it. Love your color choice too:o)

Sue Lelli said...

Giovana, this is absolute AWESOME! LOVE your techniques and the vibrant colors! LOVE how you finished it off with the pearls and seam binding bow! FAB!