Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 16, 2013

12 Days of Christmas ~ Day 7: Create with Dylusions Inks

Hi there!  Welcome to Day 7 of the 12 Days of Christmas Sale!!!!  What an exciting time for eclectic Paperie!!!!!

Dylusions Sprays are the special of the day!  How fun are they???!!!!  I LOVE my sprays!  I have every color, and use them quite often!  They melt into one another to create continuous color coverage.  The colors themselves are so vibrant and rich!  You can't go wrong w/ the Dylusions Sprays!

Make sure you use the code: 12DAYS7 when checking out to get your discount!

What's the deal you ask?  Well, Kim is being awfully generous!  Buy any 3 Dylusions Sprays, and get the 4th one for only $2.99!  What a deal!!!!  And you can add to your collection!  It's a win-win situation!

Let's get on with the project, shall we?!

I have been seeing lots of lots of canvases with all kinds of filler that's painted white, and then sprayed with another color to make it monochromatic.  So, I decided to do a play on that and do the rainbow instead!  Just for you guys!  So you can see how well the colors blend together!











I started out with a long canvas.  (Measurements: 12" x 24").  I found the letters spelling out CREATE in my chipboard collection.  I arranged them on the canvas, and then outlined them with pencil. 












I took the letters off and painted them white with gesso.  I let them dry and started working on the canvas.  I took modeling paste and started spreading it about a 1/4" thick to adhere all of my little doo-dads that I wanted to put on there!  I have buttons, a piece of lace, brads, pearls, paperclips, ribbon rivets, rhinestones, and anything else I could get my hands on!  I did it section by section so that the paste wouldn't dry out before I got to it!















I am sorry, but I failed to take a picture of what it looked like before I sprayed the background.  I painted the entire canvas full of stuff with white gesso.  I let it dry, and then sprayed the background softer Dylusion colors.  While that was drying, I sprayed my letters with more vibrant colors so that they stand out and don't get lost in the background.























That's all for today!  I hope that I have inspired you to get some Dylusions Sprays of your own and definitely try them out!  They are SO fun!!!!You can click on the red links to go right to them in the store.

Erin

6 comments:

Unknown said...

STUNNING! I peeked before the busstop, and I had to comment because I 'WOWed' and all my girls came over and 'WOWed!' love it! I adore the colors! I think I have all the Dylusions sprays - I love them too, but your project is masterful!! Yummy!

Kim said...

Wow, Erin, this is amazing! Great project!

Micki said...

Erin, LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I love how you showcased the colors and using all those bits and pieces..... oh just love love love.

toni said...

Wonderful canvas!! Such a great use of the dylusions sprays a real touch of summer colour to the grey winter days ! Well at least they are here in the UK ! Love your gorgeous canvas x

krcmasterpiece said...

Really cool project!! One of a kind!!!

Sue Lelli said...

Erin, LOVE this technique and the rainbow you created! FAB!