Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 23, 2013

Santa's coming to town !

Hello ! It's Sue here and today I'm sharing my last Christmas card for this season ! Phew, it was a sprint to the finish line but I've managed it, everything's wrapped, written and posted so now's the time to kick back and find the Port bottle ! ...lol......



For the background of this card I used the TCW Snowflake stencil with Wendy Vecchi's white Embossing Paste. When it was dry I then gave it a coat of Glue 'n' Seal as I'm about to add lots of acrylic paint and I didn't want the card to disintegrate !


I added the acrylic paint using a baby wipe so I could wipe it back if the colour was too intense. When I was happy with it I brushed a little Treasure Gold over the textured areas to highlight them. I cut a lamp post using the Tim Holtz die and covered it with embossing ink and then Sticky EP. I then dabbed acrylic paint on top, it sucks the paint in and also gives a great textured finish.


The 'glass' in the lamp post was made using the technique from Creative Chemistry 102, acetate, matt medium and crackle paint. The main image is a Crafty Individuals stamp and the sentiment is from the Tim Holtz Mini Holidays 5 set.  I've made the Poinsettia using the Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia die and cut it from Crinoline. The foliage is cut using the Festive Foliage strip die.


I just wanted to show you a close up of the textured background, love how the Treasure Gold has made the snowflakes stand out.

So that's me for this year ! I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas and wish you all the best for 2014 !

Sue
x

9 comments:

Rita said...

Wow Sue,. What a fabulous card with great techniques. I love the snowflake background and the stamp from CI. Have a Wonderful Christmas. Hugs Rita xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely stunning card... that background is amazing, Sue!
Alison x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

Love it Sue!! Gorgeous!!

Astrid Maclean said...

A real beauty Sue, the background looks fantastic and I love how you combined the lantern die with that lovely Christmas stamp!
A merry Christmas to you!

JulesinParadise said...

Sue, this is a breathtaking card...happy holidays to you!

krcmasterpiece said...

I love the textured background! The colors are fabulous.
The whole card s wonderful!!
Have a blessed Christmas!!

mamablitger said...

Oh dear... You card is truly amazing. The texture of the snowflakes makes a great impact. Thanks a lot for sharing your creativity. It means a lot to me to pick inspiration from other artists.
Wishing you a Happy New Year.
Hugs from SPAIN

Micki said...

Love this card. The colors and the snowflakes are just wonderful. The die cut lamppost and the doily is such a great accent to that stamp. Gorgeous card.