Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 16, 2013

Read

I (Mary-Ann, in case you weren't sure!) have always believed that reading to my boy is very important.    Since my son was young, we would cuddle in his bed, he would twirl my hair and I would read.  Now that he is 8, he is reading to me.  I must admit that I miss the hair twirling!  Reading is definitely his strength.  (You should see homework time that involves math!)  Except this summer, time has snuck by, summer homework is not complete, and getting him to read in our time crunch is like pulling teeth.  So, on a long trip to Maine last weekend, we rented a couple audio books from the local library and voila, the problem is solved!  He was bored in the car, so listening and flipping pages filled the time gap! (You know if you have ever had an 8 yr old, this was still a struggle.)

For this layout, I knew which photo I wanted and needed a background color to anchor my "302" 6x6 papers from Farmhouse Paper Company.  I layered my papers, metals, tags, stickers, chipboards until I developed a collage that I liked.  Once my papers were glued down, I decided to add  scattered stars using the Stars layering Stencil by Tim Holtz.  This stencil allowed my to place different size stars exactly where I wanted them.  I threw on some yellow punched stars I had on hand and some sequins.  I stapled the sequins on to help bring in more metal for balance.  They were attached with Tim's Tiny Attacher and a long reach stapler from Staples.  I added stitching, foam tape behind items that needed dimension and a title cut from my Silhouette.  







Thank you for taking a peek at my layout.  Hope you are inspired to fill some more pages of your albums!



Here are the items from the shop here at Eclectic Paperie!




4 comments:

Karen said...

So pretty! I love the stars and sequins!

Tracy said...

Beautiful layout Mary Ann, adore all the stars and sequins as well with the pop of yellow!!
Ahhhh I remember those years well with reluctant boys..great idea the audio books.
Big hugs
Tracy
Xcxcx

Broni said...

This is great, Mary-Ann! I love the stitching and all the great little sparkly and super cute details!

Micki said...

Love your pages and this one is no exception. The stitching and they way you layered all the bits and pieces. Love it.