Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

New Goodies = Playtime!!!

I just got a pile of new goodies from 
and couldn't wait to try them out!
I was excited to try out every single thing I got so I just ripped out a piece of ledger paper from my Great Aunt Sandy's grade- keeping book from the class she taught in 1958 and got started!
(click on photos to enhance and enlarge)

Here's a picture of the new products:
And I know you are all jealous of my ledger paper so here are a couple of pictures of that too! -Yes, 1958!!

I tried out every color of the new Wendy Vecchi line of Ranger Archival inks - they're so yummy! Her new background stamps "Vintage Mesh" and "Reverse Dots" are fabulous too! Of course I had to use my favorite Unity Stamp Co. "She Script" stamp as well! The Prima "Riley" Stamp is precious, her hair is colored with various Faber Castell India Ink Markers topped off with Silks Acrylic Glaze in "Ginger Peach". Her dress is stamped with the "Reverse Dots" stamp in "Cornflower Blue" topped off with Silks Acrylic Glaze in "Sky Blue". The gorgeous Silks glazes add just the right amount of sheer shimmer - so pretty.
Stencils used are: Balzer Bits "Number Bits", Wendy Vecchi Stencils for Art "3 Flourishes", The Crafters Workshop "Mini Climbing Vine". On the top right corner I used Wendy Vecchi Gold Metallic Embossing Paste through the Christy Tomlinson "Vintage Lace Mask". The ferns at the bottom are White Embossing Paste applied through The Crafters Workshop "Mini Four Ferns" stencil.
Rub-ons used are Christy Tomlinson "Doodle Flowers" and Idea-ology Remnant Rubs "Words" and "Numbers".  I'm just kicking myself because I was going to use white doodle flower rub-ons under the black words in the center of the piece and I forgot - believe me, it looks cool when you do this so try it out! 
 I'm not sure what will become of this piece but  I sure had fun trying out my new stuff!

I hope you are inspired to get inky - if you don't have Wendy Vecchi's new line of Ranger Archival inks, you NEED them (just sayin')! 
Thanks for stopping by today,
I appreciate your comments!

12 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Teresa, this page is so FABULOUS and I just am so jealous of that ledger paper! LOVE all of the products you played with and have added lots to my list! This page is just so PRETTY! LOVE your layers and details!

toni said...

Love how you've used so many products and blended them together so well to produce a fabulous layered page and I'm coming over to steal that ledger! I just love old ledgers ! X

JulesinParadise said...

Your pages are vibrant and wonderful!

Kim said...

So much fun stuff, Teresa, and yes, I am jealous of that ledger!! Beautiful page!

Tracy said...

Oooooooh gorgeous Teresa and yep jealous of your ledger too,lol!
Soooo many yummy goodies to play with and what a beautiful page you made!!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxo

Kimberly S said...

What a beautiful mixed media page! :)

lilscrappers said...

yup, jealous, lol. I found a bunch of books in a book in our decrepit barn that I can use....an old atlas YIPPEE!! So inspired by your layers and colours!

jinxxxygirl said...

Teresa i was wondering when you might be announcing the winner of your MailArt giveaway.... i think it ended on the 18th? Hugs! deb

Micki said...

Oh yes, love that ledger paper. Definitely love how you added the layers on top without hiding that paper. Gorgeous.

Erin Smetak said...

Sa-weet! I love everything about your page!!!

mamablitger said...

Thank you so much for sharing this ART WORK. You are truly talented. Very inspiring to see your work and read your comments. Love the result !!!!!
Hugs from SPAIN

Giovana said...

Lovely page!! Great colors!! I got the same Prima stamps, love it!!