Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 27, 2013

Christmas lights with Authentique . . .

Woohooo Happy Friday everyone, Tracy here today with a little Christmas project . . .
GASP, SHOCK, HORROR
  . . . . shreeeek did I dare to say the " C " word???
 Yeahhhh,
I did and loving it tralalalalalala ...
sorry folks I couldn`t help myself!
But in my defence when the
Authentique Joyous 6x6 paper pad 
popped through my door from the eP Store . . .

  I couldn`t help but think of those long winter nights
when all is dark outside except the twinkling of streetlights and the stars up above
lights peeping through drawn curtains
the Christmas Tree standing proudly in place
decorated with old and new along with
gingerbread hearts tied with ruby red ribbon
snuggled on the couch watching Christmas movies
with a throw to keep us cosy . . . . .
 . . . what`s this I hear you cry . . .
Well, when you are all snuggled up in bed, on those dark and chilly nights 
 you are going to need a little . . . 
Lamp of course at the side of the bed!
I`ve had this little white lamp in my stash in the shed for ages just waiting for that little something.
Soooo, I gathered up a few supplies for the shade -
 . . .  just chop up the papers and fix in place with Gel Medium
followed by a few bits and bobs that I had in my box of goodies
Tim Holtz Adage Tickets
a few washers, buttons, ribbon,
 and for the top and bottom of the shade some
 Idea- ology Tissue Tape - Elements
 The tag was covered up using all the little bits of leftover paper from the shade,
a little wonky tonky stitching,a Smidge Of Distress Stain, a little stroke of Pan Pastel 
a quick dab with a clear Ink pad
and
a sprinkling of Cosmic Shimmer Embossing powder to finish!
Looking at the shade now, I do know that I will at some point give it the same treatment with the distress ink/ Pastels for a more aged look and add a little handstitching along the way to make it a bit more homey . . .it`s just now quite finished yet I feel.
I`ll pop on by and update when I have got a little messy with it!

Pssssst . . .  
I still have a stash of the pretty papers left and  at a later date will be showing you them in my
 December Daily Journal for this year, woohoo!

But for now
Thank you so much for taking the time to look
Till next time
Tracy
xoxox

Materials from the eP Shop -

10 comments:

toni said...

What a brilliant idea! Love your lampshade makeover bring on those cosy evenings !x

Annmaree of Oz said...

awesome idea, Tracy!

Beautiful vintage papers and design! So fun and creative xoxo

Kim said...

This is just darling, Tracy! I am such a huge fan of Authentique's products and I love seeing them used in such a unique way! Great project, even if it does remind that Christmas is just around the corner! LOL!

Nichola said...

Beautiful project! I too seem to have skipped directly over Halloween and headed straight for Christmas.

Karen said...

So cute! I love the idea . . . makes me wish it was cold and I could be curled up with that super cute lamp!

Giovana said...

Fantastic project!!

Andiepants said...

This is adorable!

Words and Pictures said...

What a wonderful way to showcase those fab papers!
Alison x

Micki said...

OMG, THAT is awesome. LOVE that lamp (now you'll have me hitting the fleamarkets looking for one similar, :-).
Love how you used those products.... ohhhh love it.

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

My house is jammed backed with Christmas decor when the season comes. This would match perfectly! Everyone needs a Christmas lampshade! Great idea!