Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Love doesn`t need to be perfect with Wendy Vecchi Stamps . . .

 Hello everyone, it`s Tracy here today and I am sooo excited to be sharing a little project I popped together using an off cut of wood along with the most
DEEELISH set of stamps by Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 . . . 
. . . aren`t they the most swoon worthy stamps you have ever seen . . .I looove them!! 
I have sooo many ideas popping out my head from wedding invites, save the date . . . I could go on and on and on . . . 
But I better get on with my post for now,lol!
 Soooo, I started with a chunk of wood and gave it a quick once over with
 Tim Holtz Picket Fence Distress Paint 
before getting out my Pan Pastels to add a little touch of color.
Don`t be scared to get messy with Pan Pastels, if something doesn`t look right just keep on adding until your happy with the effect . . . I know I`m getting it when I get a tingle in my tummy,lol!
Time to ink up the stamp with an Archival ink pad and get stamping.
 Have I mentioned how much I love this stamp . . . 
Soooo, next I used a combination of 
Tim Holtz Distress Stains along with watercolor paints and Pan Pastels before adding a little doodling along the way.
 I do like to doodle doodle doo . . . 
 I stamped out two of the sentiments from the stamp set, snipped it up and fixed in place.
Okay here is a wee look into my madness . . .
So, as I was sitting in my shed swooning over the stamps and trying to choose a chunk of wood out the pile
in the corner, this sentiment 

LOVE doesn`t need to be perfect . . .
but what it does need to be is TRUE 

picked the chunk of wood itself . . . oh yes it did, how?

Well like love, creating doesn`t have to be perfect and if you look at the wood you will see it`s all rough and it has a big old crack running down the middle and then my tummy got that tingle and that was that!!!
 A quick sprinkle with clear embossing powder . . .
 . . . and a little metal buckle I found down in the deep dark depths of long forgotten stash and I was done.
All that`s left to say is . . .
Thank you all very much for taking the time to look
Have a great weekend whatever you are up too
Till next time
xoxox
Materials from the eP Store, Just click on the links -
 Tim Holtz Distress Stains - Fired Brick, Weatherd Wood, Broken China

8 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

What a wonderful piece Tracy with a fantastic sentiment! Rarer than that's for sure!
What fabulous art you create with your wood!

toni said...

Hi Tracy love this gorgeous chunk of stamped and coloured wood art! The pastel background is lovely and subtle love the way the wood retains its woodiness! The stamped characters are lovely and the sentiment is .. Well..oh so true! And I love the way you write you always make me giggle xx

wendy vecchi said...

what a cute couple! this is so fun! nice job!

Kim said...

So sweet, Tracy! I love this, especially on the wood!

Words and Pictures said...

I love your hunk of wood, it adds such gorgeous texture... and the colours and the stamp look fab on it!
Alison x

Annmaree of Oz said...

Beautiful! Awesome stamp set and quote, so very true! <3

Erin Smetak said...

Oh Tracy, this is SO cool! LOVE the wood, and that image is awesome! The whole thing is soft and beautiful!

Micki said...

I love how this looks on the wood. Awesome and love that stamp set :-).