Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 12, 2014

Wendy Vecchi's new groupies

Happy mother's day ePers!!!
A couple of items to share with you today!

This month's "theme" at eP is stencils.
Since I have shown you stenciling on tags www.scrappygoddess.blogspot.com I will now show you some stenciling on a scrapbook page. This is actually a mask...which is the reverse of a stencil...but same idea. I made this page for a Swirlydoos.com challenge called all about me. Yes, that's me.

In case you are dying for those fabulous butterflies or that gorgeous bird you can find them in the eP store here. And that adorable little fluffy pink flower is from the Cartographer line...here. The large piece of background paper is also from the cartographer line. The lines that resemble stitching are just Distress Markers and the inking over the mask/stencil is done in Frayed burlap distress ink. I love the ghostly image...it's so soft and blends right into the background.




I'd also like to share with you this FANTASTIC product in our store.
see...
This weekend I got to meet Wendy Vecchi in person. My daughter is officially now a groupie. (Don't you love how I placed blame). Seriously...she was snuggled right up to Wendy and was enthralled with Wendy's work. *Can't say I blame her there.* 

So while we were there, Wendy demonstrated her Stamp it Stencil It products. I had seen these in the eP store but with not knowing...I'll say it...I was a little nervous.

I now have 2 more on order.

But I'm jumping ahead.

If you have not used this product before...WOW!! So great! Here's a little preview of what you can do with this product

First you stamp with a solvent based ink like Stazon or Archival ink.


Then you layer the stencil over the image and color using either the same type, or a water based ink. The water based ink won't react with the solvent ink so your image stays nice and bright.


A little blue painters tape helps to hold everything in place. 

You can see because mine is two stamps I had to stamp 2 images and therefore got some overlap. 


To prevent that you have 2 choices. 

1) Before you get to this point, stamp the flower, then cut out another flower to use as a mask and stamp the branch
or 
2) Cut and color another image to lay over the flower to give it some dimension. 

I chose to go with the 2nd option so I stamped with my Stazon on an old Prima package and colored with the stencil in the same way...





Fussy cut out your second flower and adhere over your image with foam tape or pop dots. I placed mine slightly off center to accentuate the layered effect.


This is so much fun! Since I just got it yesterday I really didn't have time to play much with it but I can't wait to use it on cards, and layouts, and tags, and OTP projects...I have to say the sky is the limit.


I hope you dive in and give these wonderful stencils a try.

Til next time

{{hugs}}
Andiepants



6 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

I am so JEALOUS! LOL! I want to take a class with her, too! LOVE your post with the demo! NOW I get it! LOVELY flower!

toni said...

Andie you've been very busy lately ! Love your layout gorgeous colours and lovely elements! Great to see you've got the SISI bug! Such a clever idea lucky you to spend sometime with Wendy. She's coming to the UK and I'd love to see her, but that's me and hundreds of others ! I'm going to do my best though xx

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely page of YOU Andie! Great stenciling there - love the lines and chandelier! I met Wendi at Kim's shop when she ran two classes - and I fell in love with all of her 'stuff' too! SO fun to play with - the stamps, the pastes, the stencils!

Unknown said...

I love this technique Andie and I'm jealous you got to meet Wendy lol. How cool is that! Your LO's are always amazing and I'm totally inspired now, thanks. xx

Steph Ackerman said...

Beautiful page. Jealous you got to meet Wendy too!

Micki said...

Wendy's classes are awesome. I was lucky enough to be able to take 2 classes several years ago when she taught in Kansas City. LOVE her. Your 12x12 page is beautiful. Love the overall color of the page and the accents are perfect. Oh and I haven't ordered these stamp/stencil combo sets yet, but am definitely rethinking that. Love how you created depth and since I always have "hiccups" like this, totally loved how you fixed it. :-)