Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Thank You cards with Gelli Plate and Art Anthology

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here with my final post as the guest designed for eP for this month.  Big thanks to Kim and Bonnie for inviting me to participate. 

Today I've got some cards to share.

Have you played with the Gelli Plate yet?  Well, if you haven't, you should. It is so much fun.  I love mix'd media and I know so many people are using the Gelli Plate for mix'd media projects such as canvas and journals, but how about we switch it up a bit and create some mix'd media cards?  Oh so much fun!!!!





I began by placing Art Anthology paints on the Gelli Plate.  I used  Kenyon Copper Sorbet, for the first print, then placed The Crafter's Workshop Gathered Flowers stencil in the paint and placed a sheet of white paper on top.  For the second generation print, I added the Mini Chicken Wire Reverse Stencil.  This is the result.  It may not look like much, but read on.....
 
 

 
I cut the print to fit a 5" x 6 1/2" card, then wanted to add some other color.   I realigned the stencil back over the print.  I then inked it with VersaMark watermark ink then moved the stencil to get that missing spot on the left side. 
 


Then I poured Ranger Seafoam White Embossing Powder on top and heat set.  I wasn't sure what the outcome would be, but hey, that's what creating with mix'd media is all about, isn't it? 
 
 



I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark ink and embossed it with Seafoam Embossing Powder.  I also inked and embossed the edges for a little more dramatic effect before matting with black cardstock.  And the final card looks amazing!
 
 
 
 

Since I was having so much fun, I created another Gelli print using Kenyon Copper Sorbet with Velvet Aloha, and Honolulu Blue Sorbet.  I again placed the Garden Flowers stencil on the painted Gelli Plate and placed white cardstock on top.


After removing the white cardstock, I found the result wasn't very pretty at this stage.

 
But tear it up, mat it with some cardstock and a wonderful couple of cards are created.
 
 


Use the Scor-Pal to create the scored lines above and below the Gelli printed paper.


Stamp the sentiment in VersaMark and emboss with Seafoam White Embossing Powder.

Don't they look amazing!  Why not pull out your Gelli Plate and get creating today!

Thanks for stopping by. 

Please visit my blog for more inspiration.

Steph

 

5 comments:

Julia Aston said...

what lovely panels you created with your Gelli plate! I need to get mine out and play with it - thanks for all the details on how to - and for all your inspiration this month as the guest DT!

JulesinParadise said...

These cards and your techniques in creating them are wonderful.

Merrylioness said...

How creative is this!!!! Thank you so much for sharing and I will give it a try.

Erin Smetak said...

I love your use of the gelli plate! I'm afraid of mine! You make it look so easy! Your card is gorgeous!

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

I just love the marbling effect you created here. These are just beautiful.