Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Destiny is Calling

Hi eclectic Paperie friends!  Julia here with a tag I made using a delicious technique I saw on Wendy Vecchi's blog here. First - here is my finished tag.
I used lots of techniques on my tag which I'll describe below but first I want to show you how I used the delicious technique from Wendy on the Tim Holtz Apothecary Bottle!  (Wendy used the new trophy die in her tutorial but I don't have that so I looked at all my TH dies to see what I could use instead!).  This jar ended up looking like one of those big milk cans dairy farmers use!? But it's actually a vase for my pretty floral!
I started by die cutting the Apothecary Bottles and then brushing Studio 490 Metallic Silver Embossing Paste onto the pieces. On some pieces I did thick coats and some I did thin - each will give you a different look.  I forgot to take pics of the specific jar I used on my tag but here are other pieces with the Silver Embossing paste on them.
Then I rubbed Archival Orange Blossom and Cornflower blue over the pieces.
To finish them off - I applied some Adirondack Silver Acrylic Paint with my finger.  I adhered a piece of White Clearly for Art to the back - heated it with my heat gun so I could make a curve to the bottle (the clearly for art will soften with the heat and then hold the curve when it cools).  I added some trim pieces from Industrious Stickers/Frames and Trims that I inked with Archival Orange Blossom Ink.  The wooden frame and butterfly are Prima Wood Embellishments/Stationers Desk inked with Orange Blossom and  Cornflower Blue.  I colored the body of the butterfly with a Sakura Black Glaze Pen. I added the Chit Chat sticker fly that I inked with Ranger Distress Vintage Photo.
Ok - so now that I have that exciting piece explained - let me tell you how I made the rest of my tag!
So first, I die cut my tag with Tim Holtz Tag and Bookplate die out of a piece of Ranger Watercolor Cardstock.  I stamped just the stem and flower from Studio 490 Forever Art on the tag and on a scrap of watercolor card stock.  I colored them with Barn Door, Spiced Marmelade and Peeled Paint Ranger Distress Markers then went over the coloring with a water brush. Next I stamped on the tag using two background stamps from Studio 490 - From A-Z and Ornate Dots (LOVE this dots stamp!) with Archival Watering Can Ink.   I held the stamps in my hand so I could control where I stamped on the tag.  Then I sponged all over the tag with Ranger Distress Crushed Olive and around the edges with Vintage Photo. I flicked some water over the tag then blotted it with a paper towel.  I cut out some of the blooms from the flower I stamped on the scrap and layered them over the tag stamping with foam dots to make the bloom look a little bigger and dimensional.  I added black dots to the centers with the Sakura Black Glaze Pen.
I die cut the wreath from the Tim Holtz Regal Crest die out of Clearly for Art White - stamped it in Archival Leaf Green (I had this already made from another project and I forget what stamp I used on it!)  I heated it to bend the leaves a bit and adhered it under the top of the vase with foam tape.  I added the butterfly and words from Remnant Rubs/Botanicals -  making the dots with the Sakura Glaze pen.  The flat back DESTINY is calling button is from Um Wow Studio Nature Walk - Moon Shine Flaire.  I adhered it with Glossy Accents.  I stenciled Studio 490 Checkmate on the top and bottom with Archival Watering Can ink.
and to finish off the top and bottom -  I adhered a trim and corners from Industrious Stickers/Frames and Trims that I inked with Archival Fern Green ink.  The NOTED is another wooden piece from Prima Wood Embellishments/Stationers Desk that I inked with Archival Orange Blossom.
That's finally it from me today!  I hope you have been inspired by my tag! Oh - and I put a Swivel Clasp through the hole on the tag!
And since I used a stencil on my tag -  I'm also linking it to the May e-play challenge. You have until the end of May to link up your stenciled project.  I hope you'll join in!

Stamps:  From A-Z, Ornate Dots, Forever Art - Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi
Paper:  Vintage Cream - PTI, Water Color Card stock - Ranger
Ink:  Archival Orange Blossom, Cornflower Blue, Fern Green, Leaf Green, Watering Can; Ranger Distress Vintage Photo and Crushed Olive.
Accessories:  Clearly for Art White, Checkmate Stencil - Studio 490, Apothecary Bottles and Regal Crest Dies - Tim Holtz Alterations, Destiny flat back button - Um Wow Studio Nature Walk Moon Shine Flaire, Industrious Stickers/Frames and Trims - Tim Holtz, Glossy Accents - Ranger, Black Glaze Pen - Sakura, Ranger Distress Markers Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint, Swivel Clasp - Tim Holtz Alterations, Chit Chat Stickers - Tim Holtz, Prima Wood Embellishments Stationers Desk, Remnant Rubs/Botanicals - Tim Holtz.






16 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

Such a beautiful project. I adore your vase, the textures and colours are WOW.
Julie x

Jenny Marples said...

That is special Julia, very special. LOVE the way you've worked the texture onto those bottles. Pinning! Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag Julia ! Love the bottle/vase and the stamping and stencilling is fabulous ! Sue C x

Claire said...

Wow thats gorgeous!
Claire xx

slbt17 said...

Beautiful!
Sandra ltb

toni said...

Wow Julia! This is fantastic. I love the finish you have achieved on that gorgeous bottle and the background is fabulous! Love it toni x

Kelly Griglione said...

wow, that is one heck of a tag!! It's amazing all the details and techniques that you put into this, Julia! I really love how the bottles turned out. Wonderful!

Unknown said...

Saw this on FB Julia and it's fabulous. Love all of the detail you added to this uber creative tag!!! xx

mamablitger said...

Oh wow.... STUNNING tag. I just LOVE the way you treated the bottle and of course I love your result with all the other details. My gosh... Have to try this. What a great idea to put that special Made for Art plastic behind your bottle !!!
Thank you for explaining it all and for sharing.
Hugs from SPAIN

Art By Wanda said...

This is fabulous, Julia!!! Totally LOVE it!!!!

Micki said...

Oh the bottle turned out gorgeous. The whole tag is beautiful but I am in love with those bottles!!!!!

Dolly LaBelle said...

Simply loving that bottle idea!!
Beyond the box is what this gorgeous tag is.

Sue Lelli said...

OMG, Julia! This is just FANTASTIC! LOVE the bottle with your pretty flowers! So many Amazing FAB details on this tag, Julia!

Anonymous said...

Love this tag Julia! What a beautiful bottle with so much texture and a wonderful vintage feel about it. Just gorgeous!! Thanks so much for your visit and kind comment. Karen.x

wendy vecchi said...

absolutely...LOVE every little detail!

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

This is stunning. I love all of the dimension and the flair is spectacular!