Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, May 9, 2014

Botanical Tea 3d Card

Hello eP fans! Toni here to share a project with you today. I challenged myself to actually cut into the beautiful Graphic 45 'Botanical Tea' paper pad that Kim sent me recently. All you hoarders and paper strokers will know exactly how difficult it can be to rip out a sheet and start cutting but look, I did it !
I used a Sizzix accordion Die for the base of this 3d card and did lots of cutting and layering using images from an 8x8 paper pad.
I found sitting and cutting out the images quite therapeutic ! A sharp pair of scissors with fine pointed blades is a must for this task. I then  die cut the base shapes in black card, and used a Sizzix Frame and Label die with patterned papers to create the backgrounds for the images
This is how the backgrounds looked after they had been adhered to the accordion Die cuts. I used a little Frayed Burlap Distress ink around the edges, and stamped a couple of images from Tim Holtz's Nature Walk and Daydream Stamp Collections. I used Matte Multi Medium, which is my glue of choice for paper. I then played about, laying the cut outs onto each of the panels until I was happy with the arrangement. I then used either dimensional tape or Multi Medium to secure the shapes. Here are some close ups....
  
I tucked in a couple of leaf die cuts, from the Alterations Spring Greenery die, as these seemed to blend in with the papers nicely. This was a very enjoyable project to do and in the spirit of the eclectic Paperie, I pushed my boundaries and got out of my comfort zone to try something that was, for me, a little different. I'm not sure that Kim stocks the Sizzix Accordion Die but its worth enquiring, as she will do her best to source any products that are not in regular stock. As an alternative, I think this project would work well with other die cut shapes such as the Alterations Vintage Cabinet Card Die. I've still got plenty of paper left so maybe I'll give it a try ! x


12 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Wonderful Toni and great use of those gorgeous papers!!

Redanne said...

Your card is stunning Toni, I am so impressed that you cut into those gorgeous papers but wow, what a fabulous result, they look even better on your beautiful card! xx

Sue Lelli said...

I can't believe you cut into those Beautiful papers, Toni, but oh MY how Gorgeous this 3D card is! LOVE how you arranged and layered the elements! FAB creation!

Julia Aston said...

Wow Toni! what a beautiful project! love the images from that wonderful paper - what a gift for the receiver - or how lovely it would look opened up on your own windowsill or shelf!!!

Julie Lee said...

You are one brave lady, Toni, cutting into those papers! But wasn't it worth it? This is just stunningly gorgeous! Those papers were made for a project like this: it's exquisite! Julie Ann xxx

Andiepants said...

Toni this is soooo beautiful! Those papers are fantastic. What a great card...wait...card doesn't even begin to describe this masterpiece girl;)

hugs
Andiepants

Jenny Marples said...

What a super way to highlight the beauty of these papers Toni. A fantastic card. Jenny x

mamablitger said...

Toni you created a fabolous accordion card. Wow... A lot of details in all the cut outs, layering. You are so creative. I admire the way you made it all look nice together.
Thank you for sharing your pretty project.
Hugs from SPAIN

Unknown said...

Your 3D card is fabulous and the work you put into it really shows. Thanks for the inspiration and Happy Mother's Day Toni! xx

Almo said...

Love your accordian card Toni, and the Botanical Tea papers are gorgeous to work with. It was well worth the time taken to cut out all the individual elements as they look beautiful layered up on the panels. Thank you for your visit to my blog and your lovely comments. Mo x

Dolly LaBelle said...

Absolutely beautiful. The best way possible to use the papers.

Micki said...

Wow Toni, 3D cards tend to scare me. This looks so intricate and time consuming and the end result is WOW! Gorgeous.