Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pinterest Inspiration

Today my post will be a tad bit different. Today my post is based on Pinterest inspiration.

"Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?"

Ok...so how much time do we spend on Pinterest? Ok now add 3 hours a day to make it in real time right? 

You in the back stop glaring like you don't know what I'm talking about.

We are constantly browsing through Pinterest for ideas and inspiration for whatever we do in our lives right? Where would we be without Pinterest?!
*ahead on housecleaning and caught up on laundry*
but seriously gals. This is a wonderful resource for numerous aspects of our lives...including...mixed media art. 

So as an example, today I'm going to show you how I took this image from Pinterest


as inspiration to alter some wood pieces I had lying around.


Here's a quick little video on how I made this lovely piece


I also wanted to share with you the new Cold Country Line from 7Dots


I just adore these papers!!! I also used flowers from the cartographer line and used my Tim Holtz stencil for some of the background. I adore the cool colors of this line and can't wait to use more.
  

Until next time...
{{hugs}}
Andiepants

5 comments:

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you so so much for the wonderful comment you left on my blog.
I love this post, it's very entertaining! I have often seen things on Pinterest and thought 'that would look great for crafting' but have never done anything with it....think I'm going to have too now.

<3 & hugs
Lisa xxxx

Micki said...

Loved your video and love how that wooden piece turned out. Your page is gorgeous....... wonderful floral - just the right amount and love the overall colors.

Julia Aston said...

Your photo was made for this paper Andie! The colors blend together so nicely - and all the flowers are beautiful! Love your fast paced video too!!

Erin Smetak said...

So awesome!!!! LOVE love love your page!

Sue Lelli said...

Andie, LOVE your photo with that paper and the fiber and your flowers! GORGEOUS BG, too! THX for the video, too! LOVE!