Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Tag For All Seasons

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here with my second post as the guest designer for eP for the month of May. 

Today, I'm showcasing my tags for all seasons.  I used the same products for each tag, just changed up the colors for each season.
 




I used the new Prima Marketing stamp - Warm Wishes as the focal image.  She is dressed for winter, but change the colors and you can get away with using her for any season.  Each image was colored with assorted Copic Markers in keeping with the season.

To begin, I stamped each tag with an older Hero Arts stamp set I've had forever.  Using VersaMark Ink, I stamped one season repeatedly on each tag, then added Clear Embossing Powder and heat set each tag. 





Here are the details of each tag:

Spring Tag



I used Faber Castell Gelatos in Yellows, mixing the colors with water until I had the look I wanted. 


 


I added some Gold Metallic Gelatos around the edges and used a paper towel to remove some of the color.





Summer Tag



I used Faber Castell Gelatos in Reds, mixing the colors then removing some of the color.

    




Fall Tag




I used Faber Castell Gelatos in Neutrals and Metallics.  Loving the earthy feel of this tag.




Winter Tag



I used Faber Castell Gelatos in Blues and Metallics.  I love the included purples and how the metallic colors make the tag shine.




Once the tags dried, assorted twine from The Twinery - Charcoal, Gunmetal, Blossom, Strawberry, Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Buttercream, and Cappucchino was tied around each tag and through the hole.

Using assorted papers from 7 Dots Studio's Nature Walk - wonderful earth toned papers with imbedded images - I cut them into 3" x 6" panels.  Each panel was inked with the same Gelatos that were used on it's coordinating tag, then matted with black cardstock.

Using additional papers from Nature Walk, I die cut 2 sizes of ovals and placed them on the panels.    Glue Dots were placed behind the panels for dimension, allowing them to pop.

Each stamped image was fussy cut and added to the oval with Glue Dots for a little dimension.

Please stop by the eP Store and pick up all the wonderful products I used in this week's project.

Thanks for stopping by this week.
 

Steph



      

5 comments:

toni said...

These are gorgeous Steph .! I love the idea of depicting the 4 seasons . The colours and stamping are perfectx

Julia Aston said...

What great tags for each season Steph! love the colorful backgrounds you created with your stampings and Gelatos! and how you made the sweet girl match each season with the colors of her outfit!

Micki said...

Love the colored "seasons" tags. The backgrounds are wonderful and love how your girl matches each season.

mamablitger said...

Steph your tags are just stunning. Oh my... Love all of them. Even though you created them more or less the same they seem so different. Also great coloring you did.
Thanks a lot for sharing this. You are very talented.
Hugs from SPAIN

Sue Lelli said...

Steph, these tags are so Pretty and what a GREAT idea to do one for each season! LOVE them!