Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 15, 2013

Morning Sunshine!

Good morning!! So sorry to be late . . . ahhhhh, my life lately!  It's going to be an absolutely crazy, non-stop week but that's good right?  No chance of boredom! :)

Today I wanted to show you that you can do mixed media (which face it, is really popular now and spilling into everything!) in a CAS (clean and simple) style!  When I first started seeing and hearing about mixed media I resisted - after all, I thought it was all grunge and sponge and  that just isn't me.  But, then I started paying more attention, looking at other mixed media artists and finding out that it's really all about combining things you love and using anything that inspires you!

I used some of the new Pink Paislee She Art products that are in the eP store.  This is a line of products designed by Christy Tomlinson - love her style!


I used the new Vintage Doily Mask (which will be in the store tomorrow- heehee, you're getting a sneak peek!), it's a big, beautiful mask that will go with everything!!  I simply layed the mask over my paper and sprayed it with Pure Sunshine  baby (Ink Spray that is)!  Love it!

I then pulled out the new Border Rub-ons from the same Pink Paislee She Art line and added a simple black line down one side for a bit of contrast and grounding. Since the sentiment is black it all seems to flow.  I added 2 stacked buttons tied with some Lemondrop Twine and a bit of bling (why now?!) - done!


There you have it, mixed media a la CAS style!  Wouldn't this be so pretty do with all different colors of ink sprays?! Oooooh, I might have to shop for more colors, think pretty chartreuse green, bright pink, turquoise . . . FUN!!  Have a great day my friends!



9 comments:

toni said...

Love your fresh mixed media piece gorgeous sunny piece x

Donna-Marie said...

I try to be CAS, I start out that way and then I can't stop LOL....I wish I could... you make the nicest cards...love em!!!
Can't wait to see ya next weekend :-)

Tracy said...

Julie this brought a smile to my face tonight...beautiful card and soooo effective!!
Hugs
Tracy
Xxx

Words and Pictures said...

CAS mixed media... who knew?! Fantastic make, Julie!
Alison x

Teresa Jaye said...

gorgeous card! That color is just yummy and the pop of black is perfect!

Unknown said...

Wow...just a wonderful card. Great way to say POW with a CAS design!

Sandy said...

Well if this doesn't look like sunshine nothing does. So beautiful and happy!!!!!

Micki said...

OMG Julie, love it.

Bonnie Irvine said...

This card is so happy! Love the vibrant colour, the cool stencilling, and the mixed media touches. Great design!