Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Hello Spring

Good Morning Folks
Donna-Marie with today's post.
It has been sleeting with a real cold raw rain here in New Hampshire for the past few days and I was longing for the spring weather so I pulled out my G45 Secret Garden Paper and created a
Pocket Watch Mini Display.
I apologize for the poor photo but the glare from the plastic dome was giving me so much trouble!!
I took photos without the dome
so better photos are coming below :-)
I started with Tim's new Pocket Watch Die.  I cut it out of chip board 6 times.  I glued 3 together for the base (to make it sturdier) and three together for the top.  This top layer I cut out the center circles with an craft knife.  I believe that Tim's new circle die would do that but alas I do not have it...yet!! LOL
You can see that I also added G45 Spring paper to the center of the base
I also painted the chip board with a variety of Paints: Barn Door, Salty Ocean, Ranger Stain: Brushed Pewter, Glimmer Mist: Faux Leathr, and Studio Paint: Blank Canvas.
Here is the top piece all painted up...I was going for the shabby chic rusted look.
I started with the white, Blank Canvas then added the Pewter Stain, then small dabs of the Bard Door and Salty Ocean.  I finished it with the Spray and watched it all meld together.
I did a small bit of sanding to bring small areas of the white layer to the surface.
I then decided that I wanted this to look like a real pocket watch and wanted a plastic dome...where was I going to find that???
I dug through my stash...and who does not have stash LOL and found this package
Perfecto!!!
So I cut out the dome and glued it to the painted top layer pocket watch piece shown above.

Now it was time to create the small vignette that would be seen through the (glass) plastic.
You saw earlier that I started with the G45 Paper but I needed some mini items to add to it..
I added a birds nest with eggs from Prima, Prima mini roses, a bird cut from G45 paper, mini flowers cut from G45 paper, a layered sticker and rub-ons I found while looking for the dome in my stash, Tim Holtz Metal crown, and mini pearls.
The piece was almost done, I just needed to add the lid and some outside embellies.
Once again sorry for the poor photo...darn glare!!
You can see that I added pearls and jute twine around the edge.  I also added a pearl and one of Tim's new white metal tags that I added a heart rub on to.
You certainly do not need a plastic dome to make this piece look beautiful...leaving it uncover would be just as nice :-)
Here it is with out the last top pocket watch layer...
I am thinking of making another without the plastic dome!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting eP today :-)
Be sure to check out the eP store for all your crafting needs!


14 comments:

Tracy said...

Woohooo Donna-Marie..stunning..love the little nest and flowers..so many details to admire and wow loved your idea for the dome,inspiring!!!!
Hugs
Tracy
Xxc

toni said...

How lovely! What a great project using the pocket watch die, so pretty and i think i would be stock piling those packs of buttons the dome is a perfect finishing touch x

lilscrappers said...

Hey, how perfect that that dome fit! Love the details :)

Kim said...

Darling! I love that pocket watch die and the addition of the plastic dome is just perfect! Love it!

Annette Green said...

This is simply gorgeous in every way, Donna-Marie. I have been eyeing that pocket watch die for a while and I think you've sold me on it. Great idea to use the clear packaging bubble over it. Genius!

Jeanette said...

Wow! That is amazing! :-)

Rea' said...

What a great project, love the dome!

Words and Pictures said...

What a wonderful make, Donna Marie... how perfect is that packaging dome?! Love the nest and the flowers, and the amazing finish on the clock frame - big wow from me!
Alison x

Unknown said...

WOWEE!! Great project Donna-Marie! What a stunning piece of art you made - I thought it was really and old pocket watch!! :)

Teresa Jaye said...

WOW Donna-Marie what a fabulous piece! Your concoction for making the outside "rusted shabby chic" turned out perfectly and the contrast of the beautiful embellies make for a stunning project!

Greta said...

What an amazing project! Love every detail!

Sandy said...

Beautifully made - just gorgeous!
Sandy

Micki said...

Dang, speechless here. Absolutely gorgeous little treasure.

Bonnie Irvine said...

This piece is delightful. The tiny details combine for a beautiful collage. Love the domed piece...so clever!