Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hi Everyone!  Starla here! I'm so excited that Kim asked me to be a guest DT on the eP blog this month!!


Life has severely limited my crafting mojo for several months now and I will admit that I was a bit apprehensive about coming up with a project worthy of the eP standard!! I decided that stressing was not the best way to get back into the creative groove.  Instead, I got out some very neglected "toys" and spent the day making a glorious mess and having fun exploring creativity!!


I decided to pull out my 6x6 Gelli Plate, some TCW stencils and Claudine's wonderful paints.  Warning!  Making monoprints on the Gelli plate is very addictive!!  Here are just a few photos to show you how my day was spent!!







Pulled out Wendy Vecchi's Black embossing  paste...OOOOO!! How fun is this?!!


Close up of the raised paste


Decided to use some of the extra paint on my mat to stencil another background



Just a FEW of the prints that I made!!


After a few hours of messy fun, I finally decided that maybe I should actually use one of the backgrounds to make a finished project.  Being as I'm a bit rusty, I decided to start off with the basics and made a card.  

Basic details:  Card base is cut to 5.5 x 5.5".  Monoprint background was adhered using Scor-tape.  DP for the frame is from Basic Grey's Bowties collection.  Frame was cut with Spellbinders Lacey Squares and Classic Squares.  The sentiment is from Wendy Vecchi's Be Happy Make Art set.  It was stamped with Stazon Ink onto a piece of clear transparency (Staples).  The sentiment frame was adhered to the background with dimensions to add some interest.  The flower was die cut using Spellbinder's/Donna Salazar's Carnation Creations from crepe paper tissue from Melissa Francis (from my stash).  The petals were inked with Distress Inks in More Mustard and Fired Brick.  The swirl bling is from Want2Scap.   






I thoroughly enjoyed getting messy in creating again!! My creative cogs are already turning with ideas for next week!!

Thanks to Kim and the eP Team for letting me join in the fun this month! 
















11 comments:

toni said...

Fabulous backgrounds and a beautiful card, love the idea of adding dimensional paste on top of the print, I'm loving my gelli plate too x

Kim said...

Wow...Stara these are amazing!! I played a bit with my Gelli Plate but didn't come up with anything this fabulous...I need more practice!! Beautiful card and love all of your prints! XXOO

Tracy said...

Woohooo Stara looove your backgrounds using the Gelli plate....your card is beautifull!!!
Big hugs
Tracy
Xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful prints! Looks like you're not rusty at all!! :)

Erin Smetak said...

What amazing projects! Love what you created w/ the Gelli Plates! Outstanding!

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous work with the Gelli plate, Starla - such inspiring results - time to do some more playing with mine!! Great to have you with us this month!
Alison x

Carol said...

Superb inspiration....am I the only one holding back on buying one!!!! It seems so, but now, wel........think I might have to!!!!!
Thanks for sharing
Carol Tadden

Micki said...

Starla, it sure doesn't look like you were rusty. The backgrounds are gorgeous and love love love the card. Miss ya!

wendy vecchi said...

LOVE the black embossing paste thru the stencil. The texture it adds really makes a GREAT background.
NICE JOB!!!

ionabunny said...

Great ideas. Love the bright colours of your prints. Very inspirational.....

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Pretty, pretty! So glad to see you back. The Gelli plate looks like soooo much fun!