Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Decorate a gift bag!

Greetings!
Today I have a gift bag to share with you.
I purchased a few items from my local garden center to give as a gift and they came in this bag:

 Rather than purchasing a gift bag to give the items in, I decided to decorate this plain bag myself!
I started with a layer of Studio Gesso, randomly stamped the Unity Co. She Script Stamp using Ranger Archival ink in Olive and added Tim Holtz "forest moss" Distress Paint applied with bubble wrap.
Using the Wendy Vecchi Lovely Leaves stencil, I created the flowers with Tim Holtz "seedless preserves" Distress Paint and Tim Holtz Distress Markers in dusty concord, aged mahogany, and forest moss.
The magic happens with the addition of Inkssentials Glossy Accents to the main flower petals - so pretty!
Across the top of the bag I added solid color cardstock from my stash and patterned paper by Fancy Pants Designs from the Lilac House collection punched with a Fiskars scallop border punch. A fussy bow created with BBP Monochromatic ribbons, American Crafts Twine, Twinery Honeydew Twine and raffia from my stash finishes the look! I linked up all the products I used from the awesome eclectic Paperie shop so you can easily click over and add them to your cart!
Thanks for stopping by today!
I appreciate your comments!

14 comments:

toni said...

Fabulous idea for a gift bag ,love the little addition of the glossy accents, this is like giving an extra gift ! X

Redanne said...

Love, love, love this beautiful bag - a gift in itself. The background is stunning!

Tracy said...

So beautiful Teresa....I would be so busy swooning over the gift bag,I would forget the pressie..stunning!"
Hugs
Tracy
Xxx

Jennifer said...

LOVE what you did with the brown paper bag! SO PRETTY!!! (=

Rea' said...

Fantastic Gift Bag, I love decorating the bags; lots of inspiration here, Thanks !

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Teresa - I LOVE this! That splash of gesso on the center with the stencils and flowers...wonderful!

wendy vecchi said...

awesome use of the leaf stencil!
love it all!

Words and Pictures said...

Brilliant way to create a completely personalised gift bag that's now a gift in itself - beautiful!
Alison x

Broni said...

This is beautiful! CAS but just perfect for a gift presentation!!

Bonnie Irvine said...

This is beautiful and such a clever idea. Love the green bubble wrap dots over the gesso and the stamping on top of that is so pretty. The trim at the top is a lovely detail.

Giggles said...

Beautiful work...and the bag shall live on!! Thanks for sharing your process!!

Hugs Giggles

Annette Green said...

What a great idea! And a lovely bag. I wouldn't be able to give that bag away it's so pretty.

Micki said...

That is really pretty. Love the gesso layer and then the stamping.