Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Renew Mini Album

 
 
Good Morning Folks!
Donna-Marie here to share a new project with you.
 
This is a mini album I made with my Tim Holtz Baroque Die and
the new line from Authentique "Renew".
I started by cutting 3 chip board "baroque" pieces
 
Then covered them with paper from the Authentique Renew Line
using my Matte Medium and a foam brush.
TIP: It saves time to cut the paper and chip board at the same time!
I then took 3 mini coin envelopes and trimmed the flaps off as
well as the top...creating a small side pocket.
I then adhered them to one side of the baroque chip board pieces
My next step was to create embellishments to decorate.
  I used my new Spellbinders D'Lites Die to create layers on top of the envelope.
 
LOVE these little guys!!! Here is a pic of my cuts ready to layer. 
 I inked the edges with Memento Teal Zeal.
Here is the beginning of the embellishments being layered.  Notice I used chip board in between the layers to "pop" them up.  Chip board gives the piece substance and it's not raised too high..give it a shot and see if you like it instead of foam tape :-)

I continued layering with the circle that comes with the
Spellbiners D'Lite Die and some smaller ones as well (from my stash of punches).
The decorative circle is a punch out that comes with the Renew Line.
That takes care of one side of the baroque piece...now to the other side...
 
I punched large circles form more of the paper line and fussy cut flowers from the paper.
Here is the first page opened..The left side is the envelope side and the right side is the one with the big circle mat and floral embellishments to the side.
The paper line has mini folders that slid nicely into the envelope, I also added mini black tags that I stamped images from the Wplus9 "Love Birds" set with Colorbox Frost White Ink.
 Here are the mini tags :-)
Here are the next pages...
and the last page!!
The pieces got hinged together with black elastic (the kind you use for wrapping packages) I had some left over from the holiday.  It got threaded through holes
punched and reinforced with metal eyelets using my Cropodile.
I hope this inspires you to create something fun of your own :-)
Be sure to check out all the highlighted words in this blog
for any purchases you may want to make!!
Happy Crafting!!
Thanks for stopping by :-)

6 comments:

Kim said...

You never cease to amaze me, girlfriend! Adore this project, perfect with the new paper line and great use of the dies! Love it!

Words and Pictures said...

What a lovely mini-album! A really great make...
Alison x

mary said...

Love this small detailed dies! Nice elegant project. Thank you.

Rea' said...

So cute, lots of inspiration... thanks !

Redanne said...

A really beautiful and elegant album. Love how you used the baroque die and also the D-lites, they are gorgeous. Great tip about the piece of cardboard instead of foam tape, will try that one - thank you!

Tracy said...

Wow it is gorgeous ,love all the layers and those tags are beautiful Donna-Marie !!!xxx