Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 28, 2013

Be Original

Well I hate when I wake up in the morning and realize that it was my turn to post on the blog...and I failed to ever make a note of my posting date!  Whoops!!  It's a good thing I have a fun project to share this morning...or else I'd be putting off everything to create...hey...that might not be a bad idea...

Today's project is one that I taught at Wholly Scrap Saturday morning.  It's a fun mini album and you can take the basics of this project and apply it to any album and with any paper.

I started by grabbing a Maya Road canvas covered mini album, few TCW stencils, Spring Fling and Chevron, and Lemon Zest Dylusions Ink Spray.  I used the Spring Fling stencil for the cover of the album and the Chevron on the canvas pockets, included with the album.

Once the ink was dry, I got to work on decorating the cover.  I used a collection kit from Authentique (the Original line) to complete this album.  I love using the sticker sheets included in the collection kits. 

To decorate the cover, I used a #5 manila tag (stamped and embossed with clear embossing powder and then inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink...use that blending tool to cover!), a canvas butterfly that I covered with Faded Jeans Distress Ink, some of the stickers, trinket pins from Maya Road, and a hand made dictionary paper flower.  Just layer all those pieces on the front and you're ready to go!
I used the Chevron stencil for the inside pockets and, like the cover, used a script stamp to randomly stamp the image in the few places on the front and back of the pockets.  Then I just added some stickers, rhinestones, and a punched butterfly.
The insde pages of the album were covered with paper (cover all your pages before doing any additional decorating or adding of embellishment), and then I came back and added additional paper strips, stickers, rhinestones, and more trinket pins.  I love those little word stickers that were added to the back of the pockets...
 I created a lot of paper banners for this album as well...I love lots of overlapping paper banners...so much fun!  More stickers and other embellies.
This last page is a lot of fun as I cut out of of the jean pockets from the paper, popped it up with foam tape, and added three tags to the pocket!  Fun, right?!  I also added some word stickers to the pockets and another paper flower.

To create the paper flowers (this is a Donna Marie flower, you can see her video here!), use a punch to cut out at least six pages of dictionary paper.  Crumple each piece into a little ball, un-crumple (technical term) each paper, layer, and use a brad to attach all of the layers together.  Then scrunch up each layer of paper for more dimension.  You can even ink the edges of your flower. 

Using a collection kit or any collection of paper, stickers, and embellishments is a great way to put together a quick and simple project!

Enjoy!

9 comments:

2amscrapper said...

beautiful! and I love the envelope idea!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I'm loving these sunny colors and fun designs. The canvas adds wonderful texture and the jean pocket is just plain fun!

Words and Pictures said...

Completely fantastic album - the colours and textures are wonderful... and I love the shabby chic look, especially on the front cover - wow!
Alison x

Roxana White said...

Im a sucker for pull outs and tags i love interactive albums. I've pinned this and hope to try some of your ideas soon. Thanks for sharing it

Connie Mercer said...

Hi Marjie~TY for stopping by my blog ~gorgeous project!!! We have a mutual friend~ Betsy S. {JBS team}:):):)

Tracy said...

Gorrrrgeous Kim....loving all the details!!!!
xox

famillemarleau said...

Beautiful mini. Love it. Thanks for sharing,

Erin Smetak said...

What a cool album! Love your envelopes! And the front cover ROCKS!

Annette Green said...

Oh my gosh, I just LOVE this Kim! So much texture and color. Just beautiful!