Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Guest Designer Post - Happiness

Hi, my name is Godelieve Tijskens, also known as Stampingmathilda, living in Belgium.  I'm happy to be asked as guest designer for January here on eclectic Paperie.  Thanks Kim!

Today I made two cards, using Hero Arts stamps and Echo Park papers from the package Kim has sent me.

 The first card was stamped with Brilliance Ink #Graphite Black and colored with Distress Ink and a damp brush.

 I stitched around the image and added layered buttons.

 Gingham paper is from the Winter Wishes paper pad by Echo Park.

 For my second card I used the small stamps from the Pocket Watch set to stamp a collage background with Memento ink on another sheet from the paper pad.

 I stamped the sentiment on a strip of the same paper, machine stitched it onto the background.  I added a Basic Grey button to the other end of the strip.
I also cut a heart.  I distressed the edges and embossed the heart using one of my good old embossingfolders.

I stamped another butterfly from the set, cut it out and glued it onto the embossed heart.

Have a great day!

10 comments:

Patricia Howarth said...

Your two cards today are really lovely, I love your compilation and the colour combinations, also the stitching really pulls the projects together. Truly beautiful.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Unknown said...

I really love the card with the heart. The background you created is great. You have inspire me. Thanks for sharing.

Kathi said...

Congrats on your Guest Design Team spot with eP & Kim.

Both cards are gorgeous!

Dorothy said...

Amazing cards!!

Broni said...

Fabulous card, Godelieve! I'm so thrilled you're joining us this month!

Tracy said...

Beautiful cards!!!

Anneke said...

Beuatiful cards to start with Godelieve. You did some fabulous stamping on the second one, wow!

Kim said...

So happy to have you with us this month Godelieve! Beautiful cards!!

Godelieve said...

Thanks ladies ♥

Words and Pictures said...

Two great cards... but particularly that second one captured my heart - adorable embossed heart, ad wonderful use of those stamps - now I need to add them to my wishlist!!
Alison x