Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 26, 2012

The Peace and Joy of Christmas


Hi everyone! It Kim Teasdale with today's post and 'tis the season to start making up some Christmas cards... or so the Christmas carols that are already playing in some stores tell me anyway ;) I thought that I would start by coating myself in a lot of glitter and hope that some actually landed on my card to for a little of the Christmas spirit ;)

For the base of this card, I used some of my Authentique Peaceful paper because it has the beautiful snowflakes to start the design off with. I wanted to have a few very sparkly snowflakes so I stamped my Nutcracker set from Graphic 45 (just the snowflakes) in my glue pad and then onto the paper. I quickly added some Glitter Ritz Warm White translucent glitter for some fantastic sparkle. It was kind of hard to capture how sparkly these turned out but you can kind of see in the picture below.


I then distressed the edges of the paper with my Ranger Distress Antique Linen and Vintage Photo inks with my Inkssentials Foam Blender :D After that all that was left to do was to stitched around the perimeter of the card with my sewing machine and start adding some embellishments!


I added some gorgeous Prima Gems that reminded me of gusts of wind and then some vintage seam binding and sheer ribbon. I tied my die cut (MFT Snowflake Die) kraft and vellum snowflakes to the ribbon and finished it off with a black button to keep with the kraft and black matting. The cherry on top of this beautiful Christmas card was the Maya Rd Vintage Pearl Trinket Pins! I completely adore how this card turned out and I hope that you like it too as this card may require some mass producing for the upcoming holiday season ;)


1 comment:

Words and Pictures said...

So elegant and pretty... wonderful attention even to the tiniest details!
Alison x