Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Growth with Angela Thomas

It's Angela here and I've been having so much fun this month as the Guest Designer here at Eclectic Paperie and this week is no exception. I often am inspired by designer paper which would explain my addiction... err... obsession with it. LOL!!! If you only knew how many 6x6 paper pads I have. My Mind's Eye always comes out with fabulous designer paper and when I saw "The Sweetest Thing: Honey" I knew I had to snatch it up. I absolutely love the color combos in this pad.
I decided to make two projects for this week with this fantastic paper.
I enjoy making journals to give as gifts and thought that this paper combined with the Market Street Stamps set called "Growth" would be a perfect fit. I used a sketch (for the life of me, I can't remember where it is from) that I thought would highlight each aspect. I stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black. The flower is from Maya Road and is called Vintage Gauze Blossoms. I thought about using re-inkers to change the color of it but I chickened out.
Here is my second project that I created using the same stamp set as well as the same papers.
I love how different each project looks. I don't often create clean and simple cards but I think this DP called for it. The button I've used comes from the Basic Grey Plumeria Vintage buttons. For this card, I used Memento Rich Cocoa ink.
Thanks for popping by today :-)

4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my Angela...these are beautiful! The paper just jumps off the screen..so pretty, love how to combined the papers, embellies, and stamps together to make two beautiful projects!

Pia said...

beautiful cards
hugs Pia

Saucy Siciliana said...

My daughter www.hungrycaramella.blogspot.com would love the vintage buttons, she's into anything retro and vintage, including music. I will tell her to follow you too. You are very creative, the cards are fabulous. I have no talent at those things, no imagination or creativity whatsoever. Happy Thanksgiving!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - amazing paper combinations - so eye-catching!
Alison x