Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Be Kind

Hey there! Thanks for popping in to the eP blog today.   This morning as I look out the studio window, we've got snow!  Whoooot....the first snow and it is oh so very pretty! 

I've got a cute and super easy canvas for you. When I saw the Ruby Rainbow set from Dyan Reaveley I just knew it was going to be fun and it did not disappoint!  I stamped Ruby and the wings from the set on Summer Fresh designer papers from Simple Stories. 
 

Using a 5x7 canvas board, I first covered with tissue paper for a bit of texture.  The stamp on the tissue paper is from Dyan’s Basic Backgrounds.  I used Archival Ink in black.  I also added a little edge around the board with scraps from the left over designer paper.  Then used Further Around the Edge to add more interest to the border.  I’m almost out of my Glue N Seal which I still love by the way and must order more.  I toned everything down using Ranger Distress Ink in Scattered Straw and Walnut Stain with the Inkssentials Blending Tool. 


For just a bit of detail I colored Ruby’s crazy and happy hair with Distress Ink Fired Brick and her eyes with Distress Ink Weathered Wood using a water brush.  I printed out the words “be kind” on some blank book paper and added some buttons to her little coat.

Hope you like her and was inspired just a bit.  Have a great day and see you again soon!

10 comments:

Kim said...

Two words - You. Rock. Love this!

Jennie said...

Wow...love that background! Great job!

Words and Pictures said...

Such a fun canvas - I love how she stands proud from that great background!
Alison x

Bonnie Irvine said...

Love her funky outfit. Great idea to paper piece. That background is very cool and provides a wonderful setting for her. I feel the urge to have a play with my Dylusions stamps. Thanks for the nudge.

Micki said...

Yup, totally love her. Gotta break my Dyan stamps out again. :-)

Jm monroe said...

She is very adorable, How do you apply the color with the distress inks do precise?

Jm monroe said...

She is very adorable, How do you apply the color with the distress inks do precise?

Kirsten said...

Amazing, I love it.

Michelle said...

Thanks ladies for your sweet comments! Jm, I used my water brush and just wiggled (technical term there) in the stamp pad to get some ink on it and then painted it right on. Works like a charm!

Marjie Kemper said...

She's wonderful! Love how you colored her and added those buttons.