Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 5, 2012

Thankful Hearts

ETA a better photo! 

Good morning ePers!  I'm (Julie) happy to be sharing a quick and easy little project with you today!  I wanted to play some more with the my cute Pretty Patches: Apples set from Wplus9 - have you seen the Pretty Patches: Trees for the holidays??? {love}!!

I took my color cues from The Playdate Cafe this week - I've never tried them out before so this was lots of fun!


So my card just uses the cute little gingham heart stamp.  I stamped it repeatedly across the bottom of the cardstock, with different colors and alternating it's orientation. I love how the colors look together!!  You'll probably see a few imperfections with the stamping but that's because I just eye-balled it. Really (unless it's toooooo bad), people aren't going to get out the ruler and critique you!! It's about the love and thought that went into the card!

Wouldn't it be fun to make a set of cards like this in different color combos??  You could do reds, and greens for Christmas, reds and pinks for Valentines, pastels for Spring, red, white and blue for July - oh that would be such a great set, and so quick and easy!

That's it for me today!! Have a crafty day my friends! :)




3 comments:

Bonnie Irvine said...

I love what you've done with this little stamp. It's become so much bigger and with great impact by repeating it. Awesome change in orientation in the rows, too. The triangle banner flag is such a sweet detail. Now I want to rethink some of my tiny stamps. Thanks for the inspiration.

Words and Pictures said...

So seemingly simple - yet so very effective! I love it...
Alison x

Micki said...

Love how you used that stamp set. I never think to create a border or background by repeat stamping. (Probably because I always mess it up). And I love the white card base because it really makes everything else pop. :-)