Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Thanks for the Memories - Micki

Hello eP Nation,   Micki here for my final post for eclectic Paperie!  

We have had a fabulous run as members of the eclectic Paperie Design Team and wish to thank you all for your interest and support over the years. With the eP blog coming to a close at the end of the month, we all wanted to do something special to celebrate the fabulous friendships, tons of inspiration from other team members, from Kim, and from all those who participated in our challenges. Each of the current DT members is taking a day to post some of her favorite makes from her time on the eclectic Paperie team. We hope you enjoy the look back.

I waited until the last minute to draft up this post.  I’ve never been good at writing, much less writing about my feelings.  And then there is that daunting task to highlight some of my favorite eP projects.  How can I choose, when each and every project taught me something new, made me step out of my comfort zone and stretch my artistic capabilities?  But I think I’ve narrowed it down to half a dozen (insert cheesy grin).

First up is Sassy Attitude:
Although I love to throw everything but the kitchen sink into my art making, when it comes to creating cards , I truly tend to create in a clean and simple style.  I tend to use white card base and colored card stock for a pop of color.  Using designer paper and colored card stock as a base is hard for me.  And then to try and add a lot of embellishments such flowers, buttons, ribbons and lace – ha, now we’re talking a project time frame of, ummm, several hours.  I truly surprised myself when I created my  Sassy Attitude card.  Not only did I use a non-white card base, I incorporated stencil, distress paint, lots of layers, punched edge panels AND a bit of embellishments.

This is the project I really fell in love with my Faber-Castell Gelatos.  
This little canvas took no time at all to create.

Then there was Be True To You:
Made out of recycled cardboard.  This was totally inspired by Sherry.  Although no where near as gorgeous as Sherry’s creations,  I was proud of my flowers and the ruffled ribbon edging all mixed in with a bit of mixed media.

And then there was Hello Distress Paints:
What’s not to love about the splats!  
This card came about by just playing with the (then new) Distress Paints.

Ah yes, not being a “scrapbooker”, 
I was totally inspired by Mary-Ann to create Say Cheese:
Mixed media meets scrapbooking and 
I absolutely loved it so much that I created several more!!

My first video tutorial showing how I created 
a face from start to finish with Keep Calm and Do:
All I can say about this project is that I once again amazed myself.  And in fast forward, I look like I knew exactly what I was doing.

And finally, another one of those projects that had me second guessing why I decided to start on this project but finishing it anyway. 

These are just a few of my favorite projects.  Each project created for eP made me stretch outside of my comfort zone and on quite a few occasions would end up totally different then what it had started out.  Oh and then there were those “hiccups” or “creative opportunities”…..but I can truthfully say that I've found inspiration from every team member and these inspirations can be found in all of my projects.

Words can not express how thankful and grateful I am to eclectic Paperie.   To Daisy for asking me to be on the design team when the original E-Team was created.  To Kim for asking me to continue on the team.  To the design team and to YOU, eP fans!  I could go on and on and still not convey my feelings.  To each of you……..For believing in me and cheering me on.  For unconditional support…… Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. 

With lots of love and inky fingers.......






6 comments:

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful review of many of your beautiful creations Micki! I especially love the mini canvas and your glorious houses! It's been a pleasure working with you on this team - and I appreciate all of your inspiration!

toni said...

A great selection of fabulous projects there Micki! Love your sense of colour. I can only echo Julia's words in that it has been a pleasure working with you. I have really valued all the supportive comments you have left me during my time on the eP. If you ever find yourself on a trip to the uk just holler and we'll have a 'crafternoon' ! And that goes for any of you other epers ! Xxx

Sue Lelli said...

I too agree that YOU have been a Pleasure to be on the eP team with! Your comments are Always Fabulous and looking back at Your memories was just Delightful! Although I LOVE them all, I will forever think of you and your FABLOUS houses! THX for the memories! And if you're ever in Florida.....!

Hee Sun Kim (MIYAKE) said...

I found you through eclectic Paperie.
Thanks eP....
You are a talented and special lady!
And....
December 2013
I was a guest designer of eP.
I'm proud it.

Anonymous said...

Love seeing all your work in one place Micki ! I adore your little houses ! Sue C x

Broni said...

I can see why you chose these projects, Micki! They are all favorites of mine as well. Can you believe we won't be on the eP team any longer? It's been forever, and so great. Thank goodness we still have FB!