Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, October 4, 2014

A Very Happy Christmas !

Hello it's Sue C here, I've had a great time playing with the new Wendy Vechhi embossing powders and today's project has lots on it !


 I started with 2 pieces from Wendy Vecchi's Large Flourish Frames.



I painted the larger piece with Vanilla Fresco Finish paint and then used the Wendy Vecchi Brick stencil with Pumpkin Soup Fresco Finish paint.



I knocked the Pumpkin Soup back slightly by painting a wash of Vanilla over the top. Then I replaced the stencil and started to layer up the colours, gradually getting darker towards the edges. 


 I painted the frame withe Chocolate Pudding Fresco Finish paint and then dabbed it with embossing ink. I sprinkled Tree Branch embossing powder over it first of all and heat embossed it. Then I dabbed it again with embossing ink and sprinkled some of the Red Geranium embossing powder in places. When you heat it up for a second time the powders start to merge together !



 I then cut a piece of white card to sit in the frame and used the Yikes Stripes stencil with Bundled Sage Distress Ink. I then used the border stamp from the Say it with Art set and did some second generation stamping.



 Next I used the stencil from the Holiday Icons SiSi again using Bundled Sage Distress Ink. At this point I felt it was all too white ! So, I used some Antique Linen Distress Ink and I started to like it better !


 I then stamped the bow from the Holiday Art set onto some cardboard, cut it out and then used embossing ink and Red Geranium embossing powder.



 I stamped the sentiment from the Holiday Art set with black Archival ink and the star was stamped with Red Geranium.



 I used Potting Soil Archival ink around the edges to add some definition.



 The metal corners have had Tree Branch embossing posder sprinkled on them and the bead in the centre of the bow has also been covered with Red Geranium embossing powder.


The two swirls at the top of the panel are Adorn it wooden embellishments. I've covered them with Fern Green Archival ink and while is was still wet I sprinkled some Fern Green embossing powder on them.

I hope you've enjoyed my project today, see you again soon!

Sue
x

6 comments:

wendy vecchi said...

this is a beauty Sue!
every llayer & detail adds up to make it spectacular.
well done!
great holiday decor!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful Christmas hanging Sue! love that frame - and all the colors/stencils/embossing!

SusanK said...

I don't think you can ever have enough layers of color! Great holiday piece!

Redanne said...

This really is beautiful Sue, I love the Red Geranium tones and the layering is fantastic!

mamablitger said...

Sue you are so very talented and creative. And you even make the most fascinating tutorials. Easy to understand and enjoyable to read !
I love your tag or projekt.. It can be changed easily to fit all seasons and occasions.
Thanks a LOT for this fab tutorial. Love your art !!!
Hugs from Monica... Spain

mamablitger said...

Hi again. Since I saw your lovely project I tried to find out where to buy the Art Part with the scrolls ??? Or is it a new release not yet released to the public ??
Please can you help ???
In advance thank you..
( mamablitger@hotmail.com)
Hugs from Monica ... Spain