As usual, I started off by giving the board a quick coat of gesso. I then used Wendy Vecchi's Yikes....Stripes stencil with Black Soot Distress Paint and applied the black paint with a blending tool.
I die cut the mirror frame using an Alterations Ornate Frame die. I used black card and then applied Distress Embossing ink and clear embossing powder. I adhered a piece of mirror card to the back. It was difficult to capture the shiny effect in a photograph, without getting a reflection of me and my camera !
I created a little shelf underneath the mirror by adhering several strips of dimensional tape on top of each other. I then covered the tape with a strip from Tim's Industrious Stickers.
I made a little flower arrangement in a small glass vial and adhered it to the shelf and also the canvas. Not sure that flower arranging is one of my strong points ! To finish off, I added some die cuts of ivy from the the Spring Greenery Sizzlits Die. I cut these from manila card and coloured the leaves with Distress Inks, before giving them a coat of clear embossing powder. A little Ideaology Number Plaque and a die cut glittery spider were the final touches. I'm really quite pleased with how it's turned out. I hope the children will like it!x
If you'd like to have a go at something like this you'll find some of the products I've used in the lovely eclectic Paperie store. Just click on the links below and you'll be transported straight there.