Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 19, 2013

Vintage Passion

Good Morning Folks!
Donna-Marie here to share my new journal spread.
Many of you know that I adore vintage clothing, fabrics, patterns and styles.
Well these journal pages were the inspiration and are dedicated to that passion.
Here is how they started ...
I love my Aquarelle Water Soluble Crayons... 
I just scribble and wet...
I used a baby wipe to help me blend the colors better.
I wanted to add some bright green to the open areas so I mixed water and Key Lime Silk Paints in a spray bottle to make a soft shimmery wash (Thank you Donna Downey for that idea!!).  I also used Fresh Lime Dylusions Spray (later you will see the Higgins India Ink).
This is the base I worked from...now it is time to add the details
I used my Gel Medium and added an old print I printed out on my computer and a picture of an old shoe I cut from a calendar.  I also added Wendy Vecchi's Translucent Modeling Paste through my new TCW Peacock Doily Stencil.  I let that all dry!
Then I took a baby wipe again and moved the water soluble media around again.  This enhanced the stenciled designs. 
I stamped Dyan Reaveley Couture design on G45 Bohemian Paper and fussy cut them out.  I adhered them with more Gel Medium.  I also added some of the left over scrapes to the left side.
I added some Tim Holtz Rub Ons and splats of Black India Ink.  The splats did not really seem to work ...so luckily I was able to wipe some of them away with a baby wipe :-)
The baby wipe mixed with the black India Ink really toned down a lot of the brightness.  I also added my sentiment stamped on more Bohemian G45 Paper.  I tore it and applied it with Gel Medium.
I felt like it still needed a pop of color so I grabbed my Blue/Purple Gelato sticks,...smeared and rubbed!!
close-ups
 
I hope you enjoyed my journey...thanks for stopping by!! Be sure to check out all the highlighted supplies and media so that you can have fun along with us here at eclectic Paperie!!


8 comments:

toni said...

Lovely journal pages! Great way to colour the backgrounds and what gorgeous colours you've used, love the stamping and use of rub ons too! X

Kim said...

Love it, girlfriend! Those vintage prints are awesome!!

Debbie Sherman said...

Oh love this! The colors are gorgeous!

Lucy Edmondson said...

Really, really clever ideas!

Lucy x

Micki said...

Love how you included the Dylusions stamps and those colors are gorgeous.

Tracy said...

Oh wow Donna Marie the print you used...the backgrounds I can only dream of being able to achieve something so beautiful...truly stunning journal pages!!!
Hugs
Tracy
xoxox

mamablitger said...

Donna Marie....this is fabolous. Just love your creative art work. Lovely vibrant colors you used and great prints combined with beautiful stamping. Just perfect and very inspiring. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Hugs from SPAIN

Marjie Kemper said...

Incredible colors.... love these pages!