Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Tiny Things Trinket Box


Hi, Lucy here, for my final Guest Designer project. I wanted to make something that would really showcase the gorgeous Tim Holtz Tiny Things stamp set and I thought this trinket box with its recessed or inlaid section on the lid, would be perfect. I also wanted to use his French Industrial papers which I used for the Tart Tin last week, but this time using the plainer designs and building up layers of stamping in co-ordinating inks, again with a Paris theme. For the tiles I've used Tim's Fragments acrylic pieces from my stash, but if you don't have any of these, why not use chipboard tiles and glaze them with UTEE?


To start off I removed the clasps, sanded the box, painted it red, inside and out, and cut the papers to fit all of the sections.  I stamped all the pieces with the large background stamp from the Tim Holtz Memoirs set, and also his Harlequin stamp I've had for years. I used StazOn in Jet Black and Blazing Red but I didn't really like the red as it was too pink so I switched to using the paint I'd used on the box, dabbing it onto the stamp with cut n dry foam. 



I glued all my pieces in place with Gel Medium. I used an unstamped strip of the paper between the lid and the edge to break up the design a little. I coloured my clasps and hinges with alcohol ink and screwed them back on.

For the tiles on the lid I stamped a selection of the stamps from Tim's Tiny Things set and also the face of the man from the Memoirs set onto some of the plainer paper from the French Industrial papers and glued the Fragments to them with Glossy Accents. I cut round them then edged them with gold pen. I arranged them on the lid and added some metal photo corner charms which I had rubbed with a bit of white paint.


I finished off the box with some gold crown charms for feet! 


Thank you for having me here at Eclectic Paperie: it's been such fun, and your kind comments have meant so much!



19 comments:

Brandy said...

very pretty assemblage! Love all of the details.

Inkypinkycraft said...

A REALLY beautiful make x

Angelnorth said...

The fragement tiles look fab, great box!

Elly said...

What a beautiful altered box. Love the unique design between female colours and masculine images but i'm really thrilled about the feets! Very cool. (:o)

toni said...

Love the way you've made those fragment tiles. The whole box is absolutely gorgeous, a great use of the papers and stamps x

Kim said...

Beautiful creation, Lucy! It's been such a delight to have you on the team with us this month! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work!! XXOO

Debbie Sherman said...

Gorgeous box!fab details!

Words and Pictures said...

A really gorgeous altered box, Lucy... wonderful papers and stamping - and the fragments are so cool! A great month of projects.
Alison x

Deborah said...

Even the bottom is decorated - and beautiful! Great piece, Lucy.

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!
Love it Lucy!
Alison xx

PetraB said...

This is beautiful, love all the fragment tiles.

Mickie said...

Love this box, great work!

Julie Lee said...

Gosh - this is lovely, Lucy! It is beautiful, detailed and elegant - so much to see! I love the colour scheme and all the little sections. Julie Ann xx

Unknown said...

absolutely brilliant Lucy

Terry said...

Oh this is just jaw dropping gorgeous! I love that box top and how clever to fragment tile the images to create such great depth. Love this altered box, Lucy! Hugs!

Erin Smetak said...

Love your trinket box, Lucy!!!

Micki said...

Hi Lucy! Wow, I'm in awe at your trinket box, especially the inside. My attempts at altering the inside of items never turn out so great. I also love those tiles, really adds depth. Great trinket box :-)

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

Perfect box to hold lots of goodies! Love the colors.

Tracy said...

Totallu stunning trinket box Lucy..a beautiful keepsake for years to come!!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox