Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 16, 2013

Bicycle wall hanging

Hello ! It's Sue here today and the project I'm sharing is a small piece of chipboard with lots of paint and stencilling. Can't get enough of stencils at the moment !


I painted the chipboard with white Gesso, I wasn't bothered about making it really smooth as I knew I was going to add more texture.


I then used a baby wipe with acrylic paint and swiped it across the surface, drying each colour before applying the next. I kept the top right hand area lighter as this is where I was planning on putting the sentiment.


I then used the Reversed Chicken Wire stencil with black Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste. When that was dry I started to stencil some leaves using the Wendy Vecchi Lovely Leaves stencil.


I then used the Roman Letters stencil and also the Bingo stencil (which you'll see in a later photo). Then I stamped around the edge with the chicken wire stamp from the Tim Holtz Mixed Media set.


I cut lots of flowers using the Tattered Flowers strip die from cream card and stamped them with the script stamp from the Tim Holtz French Marketplace set using Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I then blended more Vintage Photo around the edges.


I used Distress Markers to stamp the butterfly from the Wendy Vecchi Art for You set onto watercolour paper.


I added some more stencilling using the Mini Swirly Vine stencil and stamped the sentiment from the Wendy Vecchi Heirloom Art set. I've used the Weathered Clock die and stamped over it using the script stamp again with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


The penny farthing is a Wendy Vecchi Blossom Bucket embellisment and it's sitting on a wooden label that I've painted with acrylic paint and used some crackle glaze to distress it. I finished off by brushing some coloured wax around the edges.

I hope you've enjoyed today's project and you have a great week end !

Sue
x

10 comments:

toni said...

Beautiful Sue! Love the colours , the paint techniques and all the lovely die cuts... Everthing ! X

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

This is lovely piece of work,sue. Bycycle fits perfectly on the fantastic background. Thanks for tutorial
nagaokarshilpa.blog spot.in

Kim said...

Sue...this is amazing! The colors are beautiful, I adore all of the embellishments and stenciling. It's beautiful!!

Giovana said...

Wow!! This is beautiful!!

Micki said...

That is beautiful. Love the colors and the embellishments.....

Dolly LaBelle said...

I love your collage. All the colors & embellishments just blend so nicely together. I can see now that I need to keep adding some color & textures on 1 that I have tried to make. I'm new at this, because I normally make cards. Thank you for sharing the step by step!

Tracy said...

Oh my giddy aunt Sue...colors textures are beautiful..maybe I'll get brave and try stencils!!
Hugs
Tracy
Xxxx

Words and Pictures said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Words and Pictures said...

A brilliant make from Sue - such glorious colours and detailing.
Alison x

Lucy Edmondson said...

So striking! Wonderful and varied use of stencilling!

Lucy x