Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year!!

Oh my goodness, did it feel great to get back to my desk again!!  The holidays were so busy and full of guests and trips that I didn't get to sit at my desk and create for 2 weeks!!  Aagh!! Way to long!!  It felt great to sit down, pull out art supplies and get messy!!  

I thought that this art journal entry would be a great one to share with you because I saw a picture of a party scene like this on pinterest and decided to recreate it. I love looking on pinterest or craftgawker for inspiration photos!! I take my sketchbook and draw what inspires me, then I seem to always find an idea that means something to me later on!  This party scene spoke New Year's!


I started out mixing blues and grays to create the background color.  I thought that I would like a polka-dot background but instead I pounced circles, as randomly as possible, onto the outside edges of the page. (My art journal is an old cookbook, so you can kinda see that I am just about to enter the bread recipe section through the paint!)


 I pulled out my Fancy Pants Collecting Moments 6x6 pad and started cutting!! Actually, before I cut my final paper shapes, I used some scrap paper to cut out shapes.  By cutting out practice shapes, I get the right sizes and placement without getting frustrated ruining my favorite papers. 

I used an old Wendy Vecchi Art Part for the cake stand.  Again, I had to mix paints because I didn't have the exact color that I wanted for the blue stand! (I am not picky about colors at all . . . haha!) 

This New Year's quote covered just about everything for the new year.  And I really didn't make any resolutions this year, I just want this to be a really Happy year!!


Thank you for stopping by the ePaperie today!! I hope that you all have a wonderful artsy New Year filled with lots happiness!!  -  Karen

4 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this journal page! The cake and chairs and banner are so festive and I LOVE all of your Happys!! I have high hopes that this will be a Happy year, too! THX for your FAB inspiration, Karen!

Micki said...

Karen, I love this. Makes me want to pull out my altered book and finish a page I had started last year! I really love the background, it makes the pieces pop and I love the theme!!!!! Great way to start the new year.

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

I love this! It is so fun and fresh for the beginning of a new year. TFS.

Andiepants said...

What a great idea...practice cutting your shapes to hoard your fav papers!!!! Totally doing that next time I paper piece. Love the banner too...and the colors are fantastic together.