Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 20, 2014

Got a hot glue gun?


Good Monday morning to you all!

I was playing around with my hot glue gun yesterday, because I had seen a pin on Pinterest about how a crafter had purchased a super heavy duty glue gun in order to make her own stencils.  And that just sounded like a challenge to me!  I wondered if I could do the same thing with my standard, inexpensive hot glue gun.

I created some random shapes on my teflon craft sheet, making sure the lines of glue were thick enough so as not to tear apart.  When they cooled down, I just peeled them up from the sheet.  I thought it was a very easy process!


I decided to use the squiggly with the line through it (in the center of the photo above) as my first test stencil.

I laid it onto a #8 manila tag and spritzed it with some Vibrant Turquoise ink spray.



I laid it in the other direction and spritzed with some Fresh Lime ink spray.



I thought it worked extremely well!  I just wiped it clean with a baby wipe and stored all of my new toys in a baggie.

I went on to use my Dotted Flowers stencil and my Mini Chicken Wire stencil with some Broken China and some Black Soot Distress inks.  I also stamped a flower and the "art" from a Studio 490 stamp set (Wildflower Art).  Then I added some flowers, some die cut leaves, some enamel dots, a line of sequins,  and some twine and ribbon.  A simple but fun tag!


I'm so glad I took on that challenge!  Don't you love it when a project turns out just the way you hoped it would?

Enjoy your week, y'all!  Happy crafting!



13 comments:

Barbara said...

Awesome technique, Broni! And a gorgeous tag!!! Thanks for the tutorial--must try this!

Micki said...

Awesome tag and wonderful idea, one I had completely forgotten about. Perfect way to use up some old glue sticks that I have laying around!

ednamburgess said...

Clever idea. Will have to try it. Your tag turned out good. Thanks. Edna

Starla said...

I think I have this same tutorial pinned! This turned out too cool! I need to find my desk top so I can give this a try!!

Starla said...

I think I have this same tutorial pinned! This turned out too cool! I need to find my desk top so I can give this a try!!

ionabunny said...

Fantastic. Will be giving this a go

Traceyr said...

How clever and what a good use of a hot glue gun. A piece of craft equipment that is rarely used in my house but thanks to you has found a new use. :)

Dolly LaBelle said...

Very " hot" idea, when you let it "cool" down. Thanks for sharing! Love your tag!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, what a clever idea and what a stunning tag as a result. The glue shapes look amazing - are they strong enough to use as embellishments too?! Fabulous inspiration, Bonnie, thank you.
Alison x

Sue Lelli said...

Broni. What a COOL idea and I LOVE the end result! And now you have some new squiggles to play with in the future! Maybe Kim could sell some in the shop! Your tag is so FAB,

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is awesome, Broni... what a great technique, and fabulous tag!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

That is totally cool! Gorgeous tag!

Tracy said...

What a brilliant idea Broni, great results ... watch out glue gun here I come, lol.
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox