Hello to all artists! My name is Ivette and I'm from New Windsor, N.Y. I would like to begin by congratulating Kim on her new store location and for giving me the opportunity to share my world with everyone here at Eclectic Paperie. Congratulations Kim!!!
I would like to begin by sharing one of my latest pieces. It took me about 3 days to complete, and that's fast for me. I think its safe to say I'm very detailed with how I play with my toys.
What fun I had creating this piece. It all began when I spotted a Michael's paper mache witch hat.
I tore strips of paper from a DCWV Paper pad with gears on it. After tearing them, I distressed them with TH Distress Inks Aged Mahogany & Black Soot. You can see how I embossed a piece of chicken wire, gears and some Martha Stewart's halloween punches, cat and bats, I tripled up on each for depth.
I used regular aluminum foil and adhered it to the hat then embossed my items.
I painted my skeleton with white acrylic paint. Lisa Pavelka's Micro Gears were added to his pelvic area and hat. The hat came from a Jolee's Sticker pkg that had several skull heads with different hats on them. I modified the hat a bit. Gears for eyes and nose and in his hand a key from Beads Landing.
Scary word were from a Halloween Sticker set, I decided to paint it white.
This birdie was stripped of his black feathers, painted with Viva's Inka Silver Metallic Rub and covered in Micro Gears which I adhered with Glossy Accents because I love the way it dries clear.
The Pumpkin skeleton, who was orange, I painted with Viva's Inka Silver Metallic Rub. I added a butterfly onto his back and a Art-i-Cake witch embellishment coming out of a hole I made on the witch hat. I added rhinestones for eyes, I tore pieces of window screen and adhered them throughout the hat. Several spiders were painted white and also placed throughout the hat. I was able to pose my skeletons by slowly bending the arm and leg joints as I applied the heat gun to the areas. I recommend doing a little at a time as to not keep the heat steadily in one area. Be careful not to melt it off!
A Melissa Francis Resin Bench was added, distressed with DI Vintage Photo and I glued a TH Plaquette with the no. 31. Small Burgundy roses and a TH beaded chain were added around the base of the witch hat.
Notice the zombie charm by his hand.
Here is the backside of the pumpkin skeleton. It's from TH's Shapers & Movers, Mini Butterflies. I inked it up with DI Aged Mahogany and Black Soot, glossed it, added some small pieces of screen and a thin piece of black wire for the antenae.
These pieces of branches were gathered up from my backyard. I used a small terra cotto pot to place the branches in hot glued them in place and filled it with more green moss and added some mini pumpkins and other embellies. The leaves are from Martha Stewart's Leaf punch that I cut out of metallic cardstock. I went around each leaf with a burgundy Copic Pen. Most of the leaves were placed back to back and creased to add depth.
Here you can see the chicken wire embossed on both sides of the hat.
A few embellishments, coffin, TH Alpha Letters that spelled the word "spooky".
I added the unbrella to add some f.f. (funkiness and flair)
Another shot of the birdie.
A closer shot at the embossed gear and bat.
Here I embossed and used Alcohol Inks on the butterfly that was cut out of metal. Spider webs added via glue gun. A trick I learned from Tim when I attended one of his workshops.
A nice picture of the Melissa Francis Bench.
Here is the project lit up. I made holes small enough to fit one of these rice lights throughout the hat.
Hope I was able to splash you some inspiration.
Thank you for your time and have a great day, EVERYDAY!
If you would like to see more of my works, visit my blog, "Escaping Understanding" at www.n1sunrider.blogspot.com and leave a comment and/or become a follower... just this once. ; )