Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, November 30, 2013

A Little Birdie Told Me . . .

Hi EPeeps!  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I made this little guy while sitting with my good crafty friends last week and catching up after a couple of months of crazy!  It is amazing how just a couple of hours of creating something makes me feel like I am ready to tackle the world again!! I know we are all ready to gear up and officially start the holiday season, just remember to take time for yourself and make some great art this season! I hope you enjoy my little bird from my 'artsy' day!


I started off by recycling this little frame that I found at Goodwill.  I loved how it was just a little box, waiting to be re-created and it was only .50 cents!  I gessoed it and then covered it wtih the ADORABLE Fancy Pants Happy Go Lucky Paper!!  SO pretty!!  


I cut out the bird, some flowers and a stem! Then I used my FAVORITE Matte Medium to glue them all into place! I used teal paint to paint the sides and distress ink to distress the edges! 

\
I chose the ticket from the Fancy Pants Happy Go Lucky ticket pack and glued it to the edge.  I loved the sentiment, Life is Short, Choose to be Happy!  SO great!


Doodles and Washi Tape finished off the project!

Thank for stopping by today!! Go, procrastinate from something you have to do today and create . . . 

OR

 Stop by the GRAND OPENING of the Eclectic Paperie Store in New Hampshire!! From 10 -1 there will be make 'n takes, giveaways and light refreshments . . . if Atlanta was only a little bit closer, I would be there to celebrate with Kim! I am definitely sending amazing GOOD LUCK vibes and am there in spirit!!
- Karen


7 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Karen, this is just so stinkin' CUTE! LOVE where you started and LOVE the end result! That bird is so ADORABLE and that sentiment is just FABULOUS! LOVE!

Bonnie Irvine said...

Love it, Karen! This is such a fun project and great recycling, too. The background paper is so pretty and I love the funky bird. he makes me smile. Wonderful sentiment to go with him,too.

Words and Pictures said...

He's adorable!
Alison x

Micki said...

That is adorable!!!! And I totally agree how a little time with crafting friends can recharge you! (I'm in sore need of it :)) Love the teal, it just sets off the birdie! And I love how you doodled around the bird and flower with a white pen too. Adorable.

Giovana said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I love every single thing about this project, Karen!

Erin Smetak said...

So so cute!!! That little birdie is adorable!!

Andiepants said...

Wow! What a transformation! Great job. This is adorable.