How different the surface looked once it was dry. I then separated the layers of one of the napkins and roughly tore around the design. I adhered this to the page with Studio Multi Matte Medium and blended the edges with Distress Paint.
I then applied some Ferro Metallic paint, through The Crafter's Workshop Roman Letters stencil. I love the dimensional effect this gives. Once everything was dry, I used one of the new Ideaology Layering Stencils in the sun ray design with Mustard Seed Distress Ink. The effect is very subtle but it was just enough to finish off the page. I used Distress Ink on the edges of the page in Black Soot and walnut Stain, in order to draw the viewers eye towards the centre of the page.
So I wonder what Michelangelo would think of all the amazing products we have today! Here's a selection of some I've used on this project, which are available from Kim's lovely eclectic Paperie shop. I better send Michelangelo the links ! x