Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Spooky

Hi! I'm Jules and I am honored to be the Guest Designer for the month of October.  This is one of my favorite months as I am just a bit witchy at heart.  Every October, I create a few new things to help celebrate one of my favorite holidays.  Thanks to eP, this  year, I am creating five!!
 The Tim Holtz Idea-ology Burlap Panels Bare Minis were perfect for this project. I turned the two smaller ones backwards and  glued the four panels together.   Rubber bands held them in place until the adhesive set.  I painted beige lace with Splash of Color Silk Acrylic Glaze in Black Ice leaving areas of the beige showing through.


While the paint and glue were drying, I cut various pieces out of the Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells papers and placed them into the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Corked Domes.  I used Ink Essentials Crackle Accents on the insert pieces to give them a vintage appearance.  I placed a skeleton rub on from the Tim Holz Remnant Rubs pack onto acrylic and carefully trimmed around the edges.


I added thin brown ribbon between the seams of the panels, added a couple of more of the rub ons and used adhesive to attach the ribbon and the assorted elements to finish the project.  This fun piece can be hung on a wall or can stand alone on a table for display.

                                 So, what are you creating for this wonderful holiday?


Tim Holtz Idea-ology Remnant Rubs Halloween , Apothecary
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Burlap Panels Bare Minis
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Corked Domes

Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells 12 x 12 Paper Pad

Splash of Color Silks Acrylic Glaze-Black Ice

Inkssentials Crackle Accent

10 comments:

LyndaKay said...

How clever to reverse 2 of the burlap panels to make mini shadow boxes! Great directions. Love the painted lace.

Unknown said...

I love the way you did the skeleton rub-on!! Such a great idea! Love it!

blbabe1234 said...

These are amazing! Very unique!

Micki said...

Love using the back of the canvas....that is a great idea, one I don't ever think of! Love the lace framing the whole piece. Gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous project Jules ! Love the little canvases and what a fantastic piece of art for your home ! Sue C x

Sue Lelli said...

So many delightful details! LOVE the frame and LOVE those FAB domes! Great creation!

Pam said...

omg, this project is beyond wonderful!! I am SO going to try it!

Rea' said...

pretty cool creation !

toni said...

Love your project! A great idea to use the back of the frames, must have a go at this! Love all the spooky elements!

Tracy said...

How fabulous this is..love evry little detail!!!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxo