Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Shades of Autumn


Hi, everybody!  It's Broni here!

Recently I needed to make an Autumn card.  And, you know, every once in a while I just like to get really inky!

I spread several different colors of Distress inks (shown below) onto my craft sheet, spritzed with some water, and laid my Sticky-Backed Canvas ATC and my Maya Road Mini Canvas Tag into the ink.  I picked them up, dried them with my heat gun, and then repeated the process until I got the saturated look that I wanted.

After embossing the kraft card base with a Spellbinders die, I adhered the canvas, using the embossing as a frame.  I stamped the framed leaf onto a Manila ATC in Archival coffee ink, and painted with the same Distress inks as above.  I cut it out and mounted it with Scotch foam mounting tape.  I also stamped the sentiment onto the canvas tag using the same ink.

After tying the ribbon around the card front, I attached the canvas tag with a piece of Cappuccino twine.  It's also attached with mounting tape.

It took a little while for all the ink to wear off of my fingers when I was through.  But it was worth it!

Have a great weekend.....and get inky!





~

 

4 comments:

Rea' said...

So "warm" and pretty !

Joan V said...

So pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

Oh Broni!!! I love that you got all inky and the colors are so gorgeous!. Great card...thanks for the inspiration!

Janet L. said...

Love it, love it!!