Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Cherry Blossoms!

Good morning!  Sherry here and it’s my day to post a project here on the blog.  I decided to use one of the new stamps sets, Cherry Blossoms by Sweet Stamp Shop, and some new MME paper, Lavender.  


For the main image, the branch was inked with Walnut Stain and Victorian Velvet Distress Markers, misted with water and stamped onto damp watercolor paper.  


The sentiment was embossed with black embossing powder.  Much to my dismay, there a a tiny bit of embossing powder still on the image that I didn’t see . . . so . . . I pulled out my handy dandy ink spritzer and  the Walnut Stain Distress Marker, and spritzed some marker over the image.  It worked for me!

The stamping and the sponging on the image was all done while the paper was still in the Spellbinders Square die template, leaving that nice white border around the image.  The frame and border were die cut/embossed with Spellbinders Asian Accents and Motifs.

The seam binding ribbon was dyed with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

Project Supplies:


Kim said...

Beautiful Sherry! The die cut frame is amazing with the image!

Patrice said...

Love those cherry blossoms!

Tenia Nelson said...

This is soooooo pretty!!